mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Gawain Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 05:55 PM
Is there any way to make the button for a modeless desktop dialog flash?
Posted By: pheonix Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:03 PM
move your mouse over it rapidly ;]
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:08 PM
lol, what? was that a dirty joke i didn't get? *blinks innocently*
Posted By: Online Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:13 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, but you can "flash" a button by setting a timer that will constantly hide/show its text...
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:17 PM
Sorry, I ment the button on the start menu or what you call it. Hence the "Desktop" part. You can make the mIRC-button flash on for example highlight or private message, just wondered if it was anything like that for a dialog.
Posted By: pheonix Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:19 PM
not dirty... the button on my dialog flashes if i move my mouse cursor * over it fast.. :tongue:
Posted By: DeadlySin Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:20 PM
lol grin
Posted By: Online Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:24 PM
Oh, now I get it... though I don't think it's possible with the current commands.
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:31 PM
Guess not. So changing the text on it with a timer is probably the best way to go. Then kill the timer when the dialog is active again. Or something like that. Thanks =)
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:41 PM
Any good ideas on how to do THAT (killing the timer when the dialog is active again) then? on ACTIVE and on DIALOG doesn't seem to help much at least.
Posted By: Online Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 06:54 PM
Unfortunately there are no activation events for dialogs, but we can use something like this...
Code:
dialog x {
  size -1 -1 80 80
  title "text"
}

On *:dialog:x:init:0:.timerx 0 1 _isactive

On *:dialog:x:close:0:.timerx off

alias -l _isactive {
  if !$dialog(x).active {
    dialog -t x $iif($dialog(x).title == -,text!,-)
  }
}

Paste this code in the remote and open the dialog - /dialog -md x x. Afterwards, minimize it and see what happens smile
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 07:05 PM
Ooh, missed the $dialog().active in the helpfiles. blush Thanks. I'll use some trigger so it won't have to be a continous timer though. Thanks again!
Posted By: CloCkWeRX Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 10:01 PM
Possible (if unwieldy) solution:
Take screenshots of your average button with printscreen and edit in paintbrush.
Take one of button pressed, button normal, etc. Edit the flashing and nonflashing states.

set a timer to swtcih the flash/no flash images every N intervals. Make it do this by calling aln alias that checks the mouse isn't down, as that'd mess up your effect a little.

Its messy. Its bulky. It can work tho.
Posted By: Gawain Re: Flashing Dialog Button - 16/10/03 11:05 PM
How on earth do you switch the image on the button on the Start Menu/Line/Thingie?
© mIRC Discussion Forums