mIRC Homepage
Posted By: kaylee Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 06:16 PM
Hi,
I'm using a new script which I really like, except for one major flaw Lol I can't see anything in the channel except joins/parts, etc. Requests, fserves anything alike I can't see ...
Any idea what's going on? There isn't any feature in the settings to disable/enable such a thing either.
Thanks in advance laugh
Posted By: DeadlySin Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 06:45 PM
What Color is ur back ground? try looking in the color change section and if the back ground and the other stuff like action text, ctcp text etc... then change them to a diffrent color.
Posted By: kaylee Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 08:32 PM
Backgrounds white, checked the colors ... nothing there.
Any chance it could be a raw command or something? I haven't a clue Lol smile
Thank you.
Posted By: Poppy Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 09:49 PM
Probably a stupid question, but how do you know that you really like the script if you can't see anything? Is there a readme file with it? If not I'd be pretty wary of it.
Posted By: Othello Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 11:00 PM
Try re-Installing the script you may have a corrupt mirc.ini file which is missing the proper codes for the color settings of mirc
Posted By: kaylee Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 11:04 PM
Not, it isn't a stupid question ...
No readme and I played with the scripts settings and such in a room that I brought a clone into, everything worked fine. (Ads, queues, identify, etc)
Just odd that it isn't showing other ads in the channel, haven't seen this before mad
Posted By: kaylee Re: Can't see anything. - 01/10/03 11:10 PM
Good thinking, thanks ... but didn't work.
Guess I may have to find another script, grrr.
Posted By: mancontr Re: Can't see anything. - 02/10/03 03:24 PM
Have you checked you're NOT on mode +d ? thats, the server don't send you channel messages... check with:
//mode $me +d
when connected...
Posted By: Iori Re: Can't see anything. - 02/10/03 08:15 PM
I'm sure you meant "check with [/i]//mode $me -d[/i]"
Or //echo -a $usermode
Posted By: mancontr Re: Can't see anything. - 02/10/03 08:23 PM
Yeah you're right... sorry frown i'm a little ill and i don't think clearly lol crazy sorry!!! and sorry for my english too... frown
Posted By: Iori Re: Can't see anything. - 02/10/03 08:52 PM
Simple mistake, not to worry grin
No need to apologise for your English either, it is fine laugh
Posted By: kaylee Re: Can't see anything. - 02/10/03 11:38 PM
Thanks to both of you, but still no go frown Guess I should give up ... as this really has me stumped.
Posted By: sparta Re: Can't see anything. - 03/10/03 04:57 AM
It sounds like you have a script with a sheme/theme , and som how the sheme/theme file is missing, i guess the only way yo can know for shure is to ether mail the author of the script and ask how many files it should be in it.. or look for the file your self.. (maybe not the easyest thing cos you dont know the name of it)
© mIRC Discussion Forums