Code:
 if ($did == 2) { 
    if ($me !ison $?="Enter the channel you wish to join:") {
      if ($chr(35) isin $!) { /join $! }
      elseif ($chr(35) !isin $!) { join #$! }
      else { halt }
    }
  }

This works ok if # is in the channel name that the person tries to join. But if # isn't, , I get the error " test No such channel "
Posted By: MrPeepers Re: Help please - 26/09/03 09:22 AM
Most servers and IRDs that I know of usualy dont alow a channel name without the # symbol
Posted By: Online Re: Help please - 26/09/03 11:00 AM
To answer your question, #$! should be changed to $chr(35) $+ $!

But since there's a much simpler way, save yourself some headache by only using: join #$$?="channel?"
Posted By: Othello Re: Help please - 27/09/03 02:30 AM
Try using this as a code now you can repeat the code to
add as many channels as you want to use in your Auto-Join

Code:

if ($did == 2) { 
  if (%jchan1 == $null) { set %jchan1 $?="Enter the #Channel you wish to join:") }
  if (%jchan1 != $null) { /join %jchan1 }
  else { halt }
}

I found it alot easer to add the channels I want into Mirc Options\Connect\perform that way I could specify the network I wanted the ajuto join to join the channels in.
other wise you might join another network and still join the same channels
Posted By: cold Re: Help please - 27/09/03 05:39 AM
Yeah, this also supports another channel symbols as well, such as "&channel" (won't be converted to #&channel") and the like, I'd guess it checks $chantypes or something.
Posted By: Othello Re: Help please - 27/09/03 03:03 PM
I guess what would be really great if Mirc would let us add channels to the Perform like we would add a nick to the auto op or the notify part of mirc
Posted By: Iori Re: Help please - 27/09/03 03:13 PM
Open the "Favorites" (3rd icon from left on toolbar), click "Add", add the #channel and the network and check "autojoin on connect" - voila!
© mIRC Discussion Forums