mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Gar Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:17 AM
I was wondering if there was a script that set up that would automatically greet a nick when he/she enters a channel that I am part of?

If there is could anyone tell me where I can find it and how to install it. I am very new to scripting frown
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:21 AM
Code:
on !*:JOIN:[color:green]#channel[/color]:{
  msg # Welcome to # $nick
}
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:31 AM
What do I change to make a custom welcome message? The "Welcome To"?

Also when I put this scripts into the remote area of mIRC do I put it exactly as I see it with all the breaks and spaces? I copied one before and it put it automatically as one long line of text.
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:56 AM
Quote:
What do I change to make a custom welcome message? The "Welcome To"?

Yes.

Quote:
Also when I put this scripts into the remote area of mIRC do I put it exactly as I see it with all the breaks and spaces? I copied one before and it put it automatically as one long line of text.

The spacing will be done automatically by mIRC if you put the line breaks in the right place.
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:58 AM
is there a way of editing that so it does a /me command rather then saying it?

ie)

*Gararion watches as someone makes their way into the channel. Welcome to the Elusive channel #Santharia Charles

and is there a way of putting putting a " after Charles and changing the color of the nick and channe?
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 12:59 AM
Change "msg #" to "describe #".
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 01:05 AM
reposted as I edited at the same time you posted.

Can I change the color of the channel and the nick?
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 01:09 AM
Code:
on !*:JOIN:[color:green]#channel[/color]:{
  describe # Gararion watches as someone makes their way into the channel. Welcome to the Elusive channel 4 $+ # $nick $+ $+ "
}
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 01:14 AM
nvm got it:

Code:
  on !*:JOIN:#Santharia:{
  describe # watches as someone makes their way into the channel.  4"Welcome to the elusive channel # $nick $+ $+ ".
}

Thanks everyone that helped smile
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 01:16 AM
Just noticed I put an extra $+ in, doesn't really matter but you might wanna get rid of it.
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 01:25 AM
I already removed it. Thought it was a typo. Thanks once again smile
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 02:00 AM
One more question.

how can I but a comma in it to prduce the following.

*gararion watches as someone makes their way into the channel. "Welcome to the friendly channel #Santharia , Charles."

I know how to put the " and the . in but how do I but the , in after the channel name?

This is what I have atm:

Code:
  describe # watches as someone makes their way into the channel.  4"Welcome to the friendly channel # $nick $+ ."
}
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 02:33 AM
Code:
  describe # watches as someone makes their way into the channel.  4"Welcome to the friendly channel # $+ , $nick $+ ."
}

Edit: Forgot to sort out line breaks.
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 02:40 AM
Thanks. Is there a way of editing this same script to make it post a message when someone leave or exits the channel? Whould I replace JOIN with LEAVE or EXIT?
Posted By: sparta Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 02:42 AM
change the :JOIN: to :PART: smirk
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 02:45 AM
There are two events that you'd need to add. The first would be on PART, which has the same syntax as on JOIN. The second is on QUIT, for which the syntax is slightly different.

Code:
on *:QUIT:{
  if ( $nick ison #Santharia ) {
    describe #Santharia watches as someone leaves the channel.  4"I'll miss you $nick $+ ."
  }
}

One thing to note about on QUIT is that you can't use # or $chan to reference the channel name, as people don't quit channels, they quit the IRC server.
Posted By: pheonix Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 04:01 PM
on *:QUIT:{
describe $comchan($nick,1) watches as someone leaves the channel. 4"I'll miss you $nick $+ ."
}
on *:PART:#:{
describe $chan watches as someone leaves the channel. 4"I'll miss you $nick $+ ."
}
Posted By: Ashkrynt Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 04:46 PM
Autogreets are kinda dumb if you ask me. Why would anyone want to have a script say hello to them? Also, if someone join/parts the channel repeatedly, you could end up flooding yourself off.
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 10:59 PM
That will message him on the first common channel, which won't always be #Santharia.
Posted By: pheonix Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 11:00 PM
he never asked for santharia specific wink
Posted By: Collective Re: Welcome Message - 12/09/03 11:02 PM
But the autogreet is being used on #Santharia, so it's safe to assume that's where he want's the autocry too smile
Posted By: Gar Re: Welcome Message - 13/09/03 01:53 AM
Thanks. I actually have different ones for certain channels on different servers. And I don't have the worry of someone flooding these channels. If I see that happening I will ban for a short period so he/she gets the point wink
© mIRC Discussion Forums