mIRC Homepage
My nick on IRC is OverDrive (obviously) and some people call me OD. I have various away modes i go into, all starting out with OD-Is-*busy*Away*Working* etc

I currently have this

On 1:TEXT:*:#: {
if ($findtok($remove($strip($1-),$chr(33),$chr(44),$chr(46),$chr(63),$chr(58),$chr(39),$chr(34),$chr(40),$chr(41),$chr(60),$chr(62)),$me,1,32) isnum) {
if ($active != $chan) {
echo -a 01,08NICKNAME ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
echo $chan 01,08NICKNAME ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
else {
echo $active 01,08IN-CHANNEL ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
}
if (OverDrive isin $1-) {
if ($active != $chan) {
echo -a 01,08OverDrive-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
echo $chan 01,08OverDrive-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
else {
echo $active 01,08OverDrive-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
}

if (OD isin $1-) {
;echo -a word $matchtok($1-,OD,1,32)
;echo -a lenght of word $len($matchtok($1-,OD,1,32))
echo -a $matchtok($1-,od,32)
if ($active != $chan) {
echo -a 01,00OD-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
echo $chan 01,00OD-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
else {
echo $active 01,00OD-ALERT $chr(91) $+ $atime $+ $chr(93) $chr(91) $+ $chan $+ $chr(93) < $+ $nick $+ > $1-
}
}
}

It works perfectly for the OverDrive and Nickname alert, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to fix the OD alert. OD is used in a lot of words, such as god and good, and a few others. What I'd like it to do is find the first word in the line that has OD in it, and if either an ' or s is right after.

I am not too good with $gettok and those commands and im trying to understand them and how to use them but i cant figure it out... that and the $right and $left and $mid.

Can someone help me please?
You should just use the same format...

if ($findtok($remove($strip($1-),[all your punctuation here]),OD,1,32) isnum)

$findtok() does not return any match for something like:
$findtok(god is good,od,1,32)
because "od" is not a token in "god is good." To be a token, "od" has to have the delimeter (or either the end or beginning of the string) on both sides of it...
" od "
That's why it's a good idea to remove punctuation. :-)
That catches OD now, thanks
Now the problem is that some users use the possessive of OD (OD's and the lazy way of ODs)

ODs i can just repeat the same proessess you did with another if statement, but what about OD's?

Can i get some help with that?
http://bob.xteo.net/mIRC/Alert.mrc
Thank you, i guess i'll have to parse your script to figure it out, but thanks
isn't it be much easier to use:

on 1:text:*:#:if ($me isin $1-) { echo -a *** Your Name Being Called By $nick at $chan } smirk
Something along those lines..

on *:TEXT:*:#:{
if ($me isin $1-) && ($active != $target) {
splay $mircdirscript/ssounds/nickiscalled.wav
echo -a 12Your nick 4( $+ $me $+ ) has been mentioned by $nick on 6>> $chan <<
}
if ($me isin $1-) && ($active = $target) {
splay $mircdirscript/ssounds/nickiscalled.wav
}
}
If you had read, they say OD too.
my scripts uses a tokeninzed string to hold any words u want highlighted. also has ignore work (so taht jimbob isnt highlighted cause of bob etc) and ignore channels. plus it logs, timestmaps, beeps
Wouldn't it be even easier to use mIRC's internal highlighting function?
© mIRC Discussion Forums