mIRC Homepage
Posted By: gaui IP2Nick - 15/08/03 02:22 AM
Do you know of any good IP2Nick script that works like the one in NoName script ?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 02:29 AM
what is an IP2NICK thing? and dont tell me to download the noname script to find out ..... i dont download ppls scripts
Posted By: gaui Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 02:34 AM
you specify the ip and then you get the nick of the user who has the ip/host
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 02:34 AM
Its a script that can resolve your nick from your IP if connected to the server and you are on the same channel as the one trying to find you.. "i think" smirk
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 02:41 AM
on the network im on i can type /who IP and it lists ever non invisible user matching that ip to me

ex /who *.rr.com

i dont even have to be in the same channel as them ... as for it being able to resolve IPS ..... not possible on networks with masking ... which makes noname script reletivly useless .. it sounds to me that all it does is call to your IAL which really is a simple task it can be done with a simple alias like

alias ipresolve echo -a $ial($1)

to use type /ipresolve NICK
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:09 AM
Not every network have that funktion.. even if it can be useful somtimes.. the most servers trying to make it hard for you to find out who own "that" ip.. i dont know why, but like quakenet started with, they hide your real IP, realy stupid, if somone trying to abuse me with som lame nuke or anything like that, then i cant find that person and tell him to f*k off mad
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:12 AM
if your ip was masked how would they get your ip to begin with? and your IAL should work on every network every channel ur in ..... its built into Mirc not part of the IRC network your on
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:13 AM
You can mask it if you want to.. but i never do that, bether they see where i come from when i join a channel.. smirk
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:14 AM
and that is why u would get nuked and attacked because your to ignorant to protect yourself
Posted By: Watchdog Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:14 AM
If you tell them to f off then they'll see that you are annoyed and just nail you harder. Better to prevent it all all and hide your IP if the network has that function available, or better still use a network that hides it by default.
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:19 AM
or strike back mad mad mad grin
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:22 AM
yes 2 wrongs make right ..... childish if u ask me ... your only asking to be screwed with by the attitude u have. its better to protect yourself and not have to worry about having to play an ego trip by tellin ppl off when they do screw with u. as for any other help u might get ..... id say its gonna be from someone else. if you can not help yourself ... im not gonna bother wasting my time to help u
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:26 AM
It was a joke smile im not bothered about it.. but i want to make them know i know who they are smile then maybe i make them stop by let them know they cant "hide", many users trying, and no one saying anything, then they go.. by the way now when i have you on the line.. do you know how to hide:
Now talking in $chan <<-- when you join a channel? i cant find any raw for it.. and i cant see anything in the debug that i can use.. smirk
Posted By: Watchdog Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:26 AM
I agree with D3m0n. Even if you did get them back, your machine would still be just as nuked as if you didn't reply so you arn't any better off. In addition it's not easy to nuke late releases of Windows whereas Win 95 is more susceptible so you'd be pushing sh t uphill either way. Turn on the address masking and avoid the grief, it really is the better way. grin
Posted By: Watchdog Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:28 AM
Code:
ON ^*:JOIN:#: {
  if ($nick == $me) {
    echo new event here
    haltdef
  }
}
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:33 AM
i try that.. thnx smile
Posted By: Watchdog Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 03:36 AM
No worries.

In addition there's no actual raw numbers for any similar events. They are all sent by the server with a name such as JOIN, KICK, MODE, PRIVMSG, NOTICE, etc. mIRC just follows this convention.
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 04:07 AM
Ok i do that, just me that cant sleep so i script a bit instead, but i guess i dont think straight, the time is only 6:00 am here crazy
Posted By: gaui Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 04:44 AM
Ok, this may sound weird but it's the truth...

When I tried /who somehost.is I got nothing, but when I used the IP2Nick in NoName I got a nick.

What's the difference?
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 04:51 AM
nnscript working with RAW, i using the same type of scanner in my script.. its based on the /whois info on a nick..
Just DL'd the script and took a look smirk
Posted By: gaui Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 05:34 AM
Can you tell me what file it is in ?
Posted By: sparta Re: IP2Nick - 15/08/03 05:43 AM
No :tongue: , if you want hes code, then you should mail and ask him, its never nice to take somones code without asking about it first.. he tells you hes e-mail addy in the script, he also tell you the channels he are on.. it also tells you what network smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums