mIRC Homepage
Posted By: CyBot Bamboozled - 08/08/03 05:20 PM
Hey, I just wondered if anyone could explain what binary files are relatively used for and show me a practical implication of them with an alias or mini-script.
I've read the help file but i just need to see the binary files to actually do something to work.
:tongue:
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Bamboozled - 08/08/03 05:54 PM
Binary practically means everything that is NOT a plain text file, eg exe files, zip files, image files, movie files, etc. You can use it to have mIRC download/upload files to webservers and ftp servers.
Posted By: codemastr Re: Bamboozled - 08/08/03 05:56 PM
I'd say binary is a super set, meaning it does contain plain text. Plain text would imho, be a type of binary text.
Posted By: CyBot Re: Bamboozled - 09/08/03 03:18 AM
Okay can someone give me an example of reading an exe file or something?
Like how to use &binvar or something. Im still bamboozled :tongue:
Posted By: codemastr Re: Bamboozled - 09/08/03 03:49 AM
You most likely would not read an exe file unless you are familiar with the MS PE (portable executable) file format, which based on your question, I'm assuming you're not. A good example of binvars is in most http file downloader scripts, try looking on www.mircscripts.org for a file downloader, it most likely will use binary variables.
Posted By: CyBot Re: Bamboozled - 09/08/03 03:58 AM
Er, i've already got what I wanted, i just couldn't figure out how to use the &binvar properly, but now i can smile thanks anyway!
© mIRC Discussion Forums