mIRC Homepage
Posted By: illusioness Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 01:55 AM
Hi can anyone help me please i have dial up and i want my mirc to disconnect when i disconnect from my dial up my script does but not mirc so when i dc i have to reconnect to room manually. Any info would be great.

thank you smirk
Posted By: pheonix Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 01:58 AM
what message does it give when u quit irc due to dial-up dc?
Posted By: illusioness Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 05:00 AM
Hey ok i use msn and the script d/c from the server but the mirc dosnt so it wont reconnect as its still in use so when i reconnect to the internet it doesnt auto connect back into the room. What i get in status window is (unable to connect) caues mirc is still connected so i need mirc to dc when my dial-up dc.

Thank you

illusioness wink
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 05:14 AM
File > Options > Connect > Options > "Reconnect on Disconnection"
Code:
on *:CONNECT: {
 if ($server == [color:red]your.server.name[/color]) { 
 NickServ GHOST yournick yourpass
 }
}

Just an idea. smile
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 05:52 AM
Actually you might wanna add if ($me != yournick) there and maybe a if ($notify(yournick).ison)
Posted By: pheonix Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 03:25 PM
he said he uses msn and msn doesnt have chan/nickserv
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 05/08/03 07:06 PM
I wont help if it is MSN then.
Ignore that post.
Posted By: illusioness Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 06/08/03 03:32 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. You guys are very helpful. Oh im sorry for using msn wink but i understand thank you. For your replies..

illusioness
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 06/08/03 03:45 AM
No one will help you if you are connecting to the MSN server via mIRC, if you are using their software there is no need to be sorry, I must have jumped to conclusions. grin
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 06/08/03 04:46 AM
Please understand that we dont have any problem with you using MSN to chat. However, MSN doesnt wish to allow users with mIRC. Out of respect for their policy we decline to help ppl with any problems using mIRC on MSN.

On another note, please dont post the same question on multiple forums as it creates confusion and annoyance. Most ppl who help here read all the forums.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 06/08/03 05:01 AM
Which is similar to what I said, thank you for the brief summary ParaBrat. grin
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Mirc connect/dcconnect on dial-up - 06/08/03 06:17 AM
:tongue:
© mIRC Discussion Forums