mIRC Homepage
Posted By: ScatMan isowner - 04/08/03 10:45 PM
if (nick isowner #chan),
what it does?
i did that on someone that has a "!" mode and it didn't work

Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 04/08/03 10:52 PM
i only know that as an msn user with a . prefix :tongue:
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: isowner - 04/08/03 11:54 PM
Far as I know, iswoner is not supported by mIRC (at least it's not defined in the if-then-else section of the helpfile). And if it is a MSN thing then you won't find help on it here seeing how MSN doesn't allow mIRC users to connect to their network.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: isowner - 05/08/03 12:00 AM
isowner checks if someone has the owner userlevel on the channel. I only know it to work with mode q and prefix '.'.
Posted By: ScatMan Re: isowner - 05/08/03 12:20 AM
hmm, it must be prefix . ? i dunno where i can find a server with such modes. will this work just with mode +q ?
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 12:52 AM
+a on some servers "apparently"
Posted By: ScatMan Re: isowner - 05/08/03 12:55 AM
but what it checks exactly ? if there is a "." in front of the nickname or what ?
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 01:21 AM
"!"
Posted By: Strider Re: isowner - 05/08/03 01:36 AM
isowner works for IRCX servers. It is an undocumented feature that is used to check if a user is an owner (mode +q with the "." prefix). The owner status gives you higher privileges than the operator status.

This is not an MSN-only thing, obviously. There's a very limited number of IRCX networks out there, and that is why you've probably never come across one.
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 01:39 AM
ircX has everything msn has as well.
Posted By: Strider Re: isowner - 05/08/03 01:46 AM
I said that this is not an "MSN-only" thing!

OMG, you should REALLY REALLY learn how to comprehend what you freaking read!

Wait, I'll explain it to you in words that you can understand: MSN is IRCX, but MSN is not the only IRCX network out there, that is why I said that it is not an "MSN-only" thing.

Do you understand now?
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 01:51 AM
you should understand as well that i was pointing it out so that no1 asks what access and props are.......
Posted By: Om3n Re: isowner - 05/08/03 06:41 AM
isowner does not work with +a (!)... as that mode is not an owner mode it is the equivelent of a SOP. As far as i have been able to tell that identifier only works on networks that apply a different mode / prefix to the channel owner/founder.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: isowner - 05/08/03 11:01 AM
No-one would have asked - the thread was about the mode prefix of a channel founder and the ISOWNER identifier.
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 03:23 PM
well not many people who use normal irc would care/ask what isowner is for, when it is not a normal irc mode.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: isowner - 05/08/03 06:01 PM
And that has something to do with PROP and ACCESS?
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 06:04 PM
if he started asking what isowner is because he heard someone speaking about it, why not ask about prop and access when he hears that smirk
Posted By: Watchdog Re: isowner - 05/08/03 06:12 PM
Because ISOWNER is to do with mIRC's recognition (or lack thereof) of channel ownership and PROP\ACCESS are server-side channel management functions. In other words two entirely different subjects.
Posted By: codemastr Re: isowner - 05/08/03 08:01 PM
Except the "!" is for UltimateIRCd (and a couple of other IRCds) and none of them have PROP/ACCESS, so your argument is irrelevant.
Posted By: Om3n Re: isowner - 05/08/03 09:13 PM
If ACCESS is to do with the customised access levels of users in channels, then yes Ultimate IRCd does have that. Though im not positive thats what ACCESS is for.
Posted By: codemastr Re: isowner - 05/08/03 09:26 PM
There is no ACCESS command:

ACCESS Unknown command

Thats what I get when I try it on an UltimateIRCd server.
Posted By: pheonix Re: isowner - 05/08/03 10:24 PM
oh, i thought they were just talkin about ircX, which has owner/access/prop
© mIRC Discussion Forums