mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Cyber_Axe Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:39 PM
i know a guy with a bot that can find someones IP address (whch is not obtainable through the whois info and such) and then can use that to detect what country they are in does anyone know how to do this?

i asked him how the bot did it but all he said was "it follows the packets through the line" and wouldnt show me the script

i have also seen some bots that can find out the weather for a certain country and location within that country and such anyone know of scripts to do this too and or similar things?
Posted By: naki Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:42 PM
if he could really do it then he was probably an admin at the server because they are they only ones I know that can get an IP from whois information. Most servers usually mask IP's on connect so normal users cant collect IP's.
Posted By: codemastr Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:46 PM
Some (not all) servers support a command called /userip which will return the IP of the nickname. However, what he is saying doesn't even make sense really. And if he did do it that way then he's stupid considering there are freely available webpages that allow you to look up an IP and see not only what country it is in, the ISP that owns it, their address, phone number, etc.
Posted By: Thedude Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:49 PM
Well he probably uses something like this:
on *:join:#:{
set %coun $readini(country.ini, $gettok($address,$findtok($address,46),46), country)
if (%coun != $null) echo $nick is from %coun
}

In country.ini there's lines like this:
[no]
country=Norway
[uk]
country=United Kingdom
Posted By: codemastr Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:51 PM
Except he said IP address, not hostname.
Posted By: Thedude Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:53 PM
Yeah but he probably lied or something then :P
Posted By: Collective Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 03:59 PM
If you know how to use sockets and the HTTP protocol you can use a website like this, or the RIPE database, etc.
Posted By: tomalak16 Re: Country Locator - Part 2 - 26/07/03 08:29 PM
Sounds to me like he called cmd.exe, ran tracert into a file, then read the file. additionally, you can easily enough do a whois lookup on any ip to find all sorts of details. usually it's the ISP (ie. owner) and their address etc.
© mIRC Discussion Forums