mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Othello Mirc Auto ops - 31/12/02 07:24 AM
The problem I am having with this auto op script is it can not manage nicks who are opped in multi channels I am opped in
Is there a way I can ad a user channel within the mirc auto ops? Thanks for any imput....

on *@:OP:#: {
if (!$readini(op.ini,s,#,$opnick)) {
.writeini op.ini # $opnick $nick
/aop $opnick # 3
}
}
Posted By: Hammer Re: Mirc Auto ops - 31/12/02 08:03 AM
There is no ,s, switch for $readini .. at least, not according to the help file.
Code:

on *@:OP:#:{
  if (!$readini(op.ini,#,$opnick)) {
    writeini op.ini # $opnick $nick 
    aop $opnick # 3
  }
}

However, with your writeini format, your .ini file will look like this:

[#channel]
nickThatGotOpped=nickThatOppedThem

Therefore, I don't see any reason why another channel couldn't have the same opnick managed separately.

[#channel1]
Hammer=Othello
ParaBrat=Hammer

[#channel2]
Hammer=Othello
Posted By: Othello Re: Mirc Auto ops - 31/12/02 09:32 AM
I was trying do was add channels to Mirc Auto Ops Like this on a Auto Op format Apperently the script auto adds the channels if the op is oped in more then one channel

*!*Someone@*.home.com (#Chan1,#Chan2,#Chan3) - DalNet

as for the S switch I was looking in the File and Directory Identifiers and realized I was looking in the wrong section. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posted By: landonsandor Re: Mirc Auto ops - 31/12/02 08:00 PM
it doesnt HAVE to add the channel OR network. Examples (in remotes):

/aop $address($nick,2) - Should add that person to the aop list with no specific channels and on a single network

/aop $address($nick,2) # - Should add that person to the aop list with a specific channel (the list would be cumulative) and on a single network. If JonDoe was aopped in #mychannel and then recieved ops in #yourchannel, it would list them like (using your example): *!*someone@*.home.com (#mychannel, #yourchannel) - network.name.here

/aop -w $address($nick,2) # - Should add that person to the aop list with a specific channel (the list would be cumulative) and on every network

Ive been using the AOP feature in mirc almost since it was instituted and never run into that problem.
© mIRC Discussion Forums