mIRC Homepage
Posted By: lonesome part #channel w/o closing/clearing buffer - 13/07/03 10:59 AM
i'd like to be able to part a channel without closing the window, for example when getting disconnected, the window stays open. is there any way to script that? i've tried typing "/raw PART #channel :"
however, that still closed my window... =(
on ^*:DISCONNECT:{
//echo -a disconnected
haltdef
}
Posted By: TeM Re: part #channel w/o closing/clearing buffer - 13/07/03 07:18 PM
mIRC has a configuration option that keep channels open.
Go to -> File -> Option -> IRC
And Then Tick Keep Channels Open.
Posted By: MTech Re: part #channel w/o closing/clearing buffer - 13/07/03 07:25 PM
i have a script that will load the buffer, if you log...

http://mtec89.ath.cx/scripts.html
its called "Channel Log Loader"

it loads the logs for the chan and querys
sorry people, i have that option ticked, however, i wanted on part, not on disconnect..
on ^*:DISCONNECT:{
//echo -a disconnected
haltdef
}
on ^*:PART:#:{
//echo -a parted
haltdef
}
Posted By: Nobodi Re: part #channel w/o closing/clearing buffer - 18/07/03 01:14 PM
Did you even read the original post.
Quote:

i'd like to be able to part a channel without closing the window

Did you try your code before you posted it, as the channel will still close when you part using that code.
Posted By: Hammer Re: part #channel w/o closing/clearing buffer - 18/07/03 01:42 PM
If you (or your script) /part the channel, that's telling mIRC you don't want to be there anymore...thus, the window will always close. You can "fake" another channel window using a custom @#channel window, loadbuf the content of the channel into that window (and even load the nicklist) when you leave the channel using the on me:*:PART:#: event. You can hide that window from the switchbar, if you like, too. You could even make it reload that buffer if you rejoin the channel before you close mIRC using the on me:*:JOIN:#: event.
© mIRC Discussion Forums