mIRC Homepage
Posted By: chozen ktools - 12/07/03 08:28 PM
is it true that when you use ktools.dll it slowly wastes ur memory until ur comp crashes and you have to restart.
because this has totally put me off using the dll.
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 12/07/03 08:31 PM
not sure but it used to work fine and now every time i try dock a dialog mirc crashes wink
Posted By: chozen Re: ktools - 12/07/03 08:36 PM
the same happens to me
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 12/07/03 08:54 PM
well it doesnt exactly crashh, it says mirc has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 12/07/03 09:01 PM
Thats due to lack of reading the readme. Also, if ur using the status bar not u must add icons to the list *before* using them in the status bar.

I've had my status bar and toolbar running week and a half, and computer is as fast as it was when i started up. >:F
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 12/07/03 09:02 PM
i made a toolbar with icons and its broke.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 12/07/03 09:06 PM
http://www.kingtomato.com/images/

http://www.kingtomato.com/Images/sshot01.PNG

Works for me >:D
Posted By: codemastr Re: ktools - 12/07/03 11:57 PM
IMHO any program that crashes as a result of not reading the readme file is poorly written. If not adding the icons to the list first causes a crash, then ktools really should ensure that it was already added to the list.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 13/07/03 12:02 AM
its not a definate crash, its just a memory leak after long periods of time. usuing the ktool without adding the icons to a list for a day or two isn't going to hurt anything, but memory is loss during the runtime.
Posted By: codemastr Re: ktools - 13/07/03 12:05 AM
Then you weren't talking about the same thing pheonix was? Because I thought he was talking about a crash...
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 13/07/03 12:06 AM
Well, the original intent was memory leaks, and i kept to that. I was referring to the speed of my computer one and a half weeks ago versus this day. Same speed, same usage.
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 13/07/03 03:14 AM
lets just say 1 week ago my toolbar worked and i havent changed the code since then and now everytime i try to open my toolbar it says mirc has encountered a problem and needs to close, send error report.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 13/07/03 03:21 AM
haven't touched that code, but what about others? How bout your code that alters the version reply? Perhaps one that does the titlebar?
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 13/07/03 03:22 AM
erm, what does my version reply have to do with an mp3 player toolbar?
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: ktools - 13/07/03 03:59 AM
I've used kTools for around 6 months for a status bar, and i never encountered any problems whatsoever.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: ktools - 13/07/03 04:44 AM
ive been using ktools since the 0.8b ..... and only then had the undocking bug affect me other than that its run perfectly fine by me.

pheonix :

maybe make sure ur using the most currect version i believe its 1.1 ... i could be mistaken tho ive not done research on it lately... thats the latest version of it i have
Posted By: KingTomato Re: ktools - 13/07/03 05:00 AM
erm, what does my version reply have to do with an mp3 player toolbar?

Maybe because thats editing memory location that shouldn't be otherwise touched? Any and all modifications other than what was intended by Khaled is a factor.
Posted By: pheonix Re: ktools - 13/07/03 07:51 AM
i still dont see where your going with this.....
Posted By: Watchdog Re: ktools - 13/07/03 12:05 PM
General question: Does anyone know where I can get the ktools.dll packaged with the Readme file. I have the .dll but no destructions for it.
Posted By: vexx0r Re: ktools - 13/07/03 01:41 PM
heh, it say's why the memory leak exists in the readme.txt
Watchdog you can download ktools from [k]freaks website
Posted By: feud Re: ktools - 13/07/03 03:09 PM
actually, the readme says why the memory leak doesn't exist.

SbAddIcon
Parameters: [index,]icon
Description: This adds an icon to the image list. You HAVE TO add an icon to the image list before you can add it to the statusbar. I had to add this to stop the memory leaks. It returns how many icons are currently in the image list.
Examples: /dll ktools.dll SbAddIcon icon.ico
/dll ktools.dll SbAddIcon 4,mirc.exe
Posted By: Watchdog Re: ktools - 14/07/03 01:14 AM
Thankyou.
© mIRC Discussion Forums