mIRC Homepage
Posted By: xamp what is the code of original whois in mirc? - 05/07/03 07:21 AM
what is the code of original whois in mirc?
would like to see that, would help a lot future whois coding
scriting.
thanks
khaled never released the source code for mirc i dont think.
The original poster was asking for the original whois code. Not mIRC source code. smile
xamp: Type /debug and whois someone, it will give you the raw events used.
i thought he meant the code that made the whois grin
Whois events are sent by the IRC server and the wording in the events can differ slightly between different IRC servers. You can customise the replies with scripting.

/help Raw
May i recommend www.google.com/search?q=Jeepsters+Numeric+Reference >:D
Yes and no. Not all possible whois event raws are included there. It all depends on what the server you use decides to include in a whois reply. I can count 14 lines in my whois when I am opered, identified to NickServ, have swearfilter turned on and I am marked away for example.
Posted By: xamp Re: what is the code of original whois in mirc? - 05/07/03 06:48 PM
i got one fuc**** problem on my whois scritp.
i want to whois come on active window, but not on query, if someone queries me i what whois on query and that whois to query window.

u know what i mean?
confused confused confused confused
Script...

Okay, use echo -ta $2- instead of echo -ts $2-

For plain mIRC it can be switched from Status to the active window in mIRC Options - IRC - "Show in Active" box - tick "Whois"
Posted By: xamp Re: what is the code of original whois in mirc? - 06/07/03 06:39 AM
like this?
but this but the query on query to query window didint work frown

; Full address, real name
raw 311:*: {
echo $color(whois) -ta $chr(160) $+ _____________________________________________
echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) $2 $+ $chr(160) $+ $chr(160) $+ $+ ( $+ $3 $+ @ $+ $4)
echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) name: $6-
halt
}

; Channels, sort the channels to order: @#channel, +#channel, #channel
raw 319:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) chan: $sorttok($3-,32,c) | halt }

; Server and server description
raw 312:*: { haltdef }

; DALnet nick registration information (maybe other networks too?)
raw 307:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $2 $3- | halt }

; Away message, sent only when user is away
raw 301:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) $2 is away: $3- | halt }

; IRC operator status, the script is using $5- because some networks have different
; messages to indicate operator status. The string always begins like "is a/an", so
; cut out the first two words ($3-4)
raw 313:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) Status: $5- | halt }

; DALnet help operator reply
raw 310:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) $2 $3- | halt }

; Idle time, some servers also give signon time (login time) which has to be converted with $asctime
raw 317:*: {
echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(124) idle: $duration($3)
halt
}

; End of whois
raw 318:*: { echo $color(whois text) -ta $chr(160) $+ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ | halt }
© mIRC Discussion Forums