mIRC Homepage
Posted By: KennyJ ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:01 AM
How to ignore users from Private mEssage only? and close that queries automatic?
Posted By: moho Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:05 AM
Well an easy way is to use the -p switch for /ignore. Then the query window shouldn't open at all.
Posted By: Dana Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:06 AM
Ignoring all private messages: /ignore -p *!*@*.*

Ignoring all private messages from a specific host: /ignore -p *!ident@*.domain.com

Code for a popup that will ignore further private messages sent by the user and that will close the query window in question: (put it into remotes)
Code:
menu query {
  IgnoreP and Close: ignore -p $$1 3 | close -m $$1
}
Posted By: KennyJ Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:14 AM
Code:
on *:text:*:?:{
  window -c $1
}

Code:
on *:text:*:?:{
  close -m $$1
}

None of these codes work when some one Pm me.. i think it the $$1, i don't know what to replace with..
Posted By: moho Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:16 AM
$nick
Posted By: Collective Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:17 AM
on *:TEXT:*:?:{
window -c $nick
}
Posted By: Lucifer Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:17 AM
replace $1 with $nick
Posted By: KennyJ Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 01:27 AM
thx all.. totally forgot about that..
Posted By: Hammer Re: ignore only from PM - 29/12/02 05:28 AM
Using an event to set that /ignore is just a little crazy. You will be filling up your ignore list pointlessly everytime someone sends a PRIVMSG to you. Why not do as moho and Dana suggested to begin with?

/ignore -p *!*@*

That will ignore ALL private messages from all sources. No windows will open, no events will trigger, no ignore lists will get huge. Personally, I prefer to use the mask *!~*@* because a large percent of the spammers use unIDENTd'd clients, for one reason or another.

On bahamut-based networks like DALnet, you can even stop the traffic at the server before it ever gets to mIRC (preventing DDoS IRC drone attacks from SendQing you offline by filling up your SendQ buffer).

/silence +*!*@* or /silence +*!~*@*

If you absolutely MUST use an event to ignore certain people for some reason (timed unignore/user levels/etc.), then use the on OPEN event and halt it (which also prevents the window from opening).
© mIRC Discussion Forums