mIRC Homepage
Posted By: dave88 Need a script - 19/06/03 01:22 AM
Hi
I don't know how to create a script but I know how to program in other (real) languages so I don't want to learn the mirc scripting language just for one tiny little feature that I need. So I am hoping that one of u can make me this little script.
What I need is this
-keep a record of the IP/hostname of everyone I am in a private message chat with
-everytime I chat to a new nick name (in private message) the script should warn me if the persons IP/hostname is the same or in the same subnet as somone the script has made a record of
-associate all downloaded files wit a persons nickname so I can right click there name and get a list of all there files and open them.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 02:51 AM
For the first look for..

/help on text (lookmup the ? parameter)
/help $address (to get the ip in hostmask
/help /write (to write to a test file
/help $read (to read from a text file. Also has parameters like s and w to search for text in the file)

As for the third--a list of files already downloaded, or like AIM's ability to "view files" from a person and download those u chose to?
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 09:06 AM
i havent got time to test this but..........

on *:TEXT:*:?:{
var %i 1
while ($read(iplog.txt,%i) != $null) {
$iif($address($nick,1) iswm $read(iplog.txt,%i),//echo -a $nick $+ 's address is logged in private message ip log!, /write iplog.txt $address($nick,1))
inc %i
}
}
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:04 AM
yet u have time to post about 7 other posts tot he board? hmm.... grin
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:08 AM
i dont have time to test it because im im the middle of a virus scan so, i dont want to do anything that will make me freeze worse than i already am smile
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:10 AM
so close IE?? $10 says mirc is running >:D
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:19 AM
id rather stay on ie, than close ie to test a script on mirc then close mirc to come back on and give him the script when i could simply wait 20 minutes and open both :tongue:
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:26 AM
you know if you were more careful about what you downloaded, you wouldn't need an antivirus >:D I haven't have an antivirus for 6 years, and not one virus in that diration. >:D Its called the "not download everything under the sun prevention method" Also, was it you on a forum that said "I don't execute it, i just extract it? If it were, just wanted to say that is one in the same. Something has to execute to extract, and something is just enough for a macro or two to run like mp3 exploit are handled. grin
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 10:28 AM
nah the werent me :tongue:

i dont download everything under the sun, but im thinking about complaining to bullguard for its "safe p2p search"
Posted By: dave88 Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 05:41 PM
thanx for replies I will give this a try.

EDIT
When I was talking about having a list of files I meant I want to be able to right click a persons nick and get a list of all files I have received from that person, is this possible.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 06:22 PM
Yes, but you'd either have to name the file after them or keep a list of files gotten from them in a text. Then use $submenu to list them.
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 06:40 PM
besides, most viruses are lame, and im rid of them within 5 minutes, cept for the 1st 1 i got which attempted to remove my hard drive :tongue:
Posted By: The_Game Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 06:55 PM
Just wait til you get 7,024 different variations of the same trojan (duplicated itself) that eats away at the major files that runs windows and eats up every other file such as mp3's vids, pics, and anything else...which forces you to reformat your entire PC (personal confuser) Come talk to me when that happens and you will have a whole new outlook on downloading every thing in sight....I learned my lesson a while ago...
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 06:59 PM
If you have no AV software how can you say you haven't had a virus for the last 6 years? You could have been part of a botnet for the last 6 years, participating in attacks on dozens of servers, and have no clue about it. The idea of "if you know what you're doing like I do you don't need protection" is more than a little arrogant don't you think?
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:09 PM
because i netstat frequently checking for open connections, i have a visible monitor on cpu resources, I always am checking msconfig for a new startup device, and i don't download a lot--just game really. I also instal things from OEM cd's, not the web >:D
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:20 PM
that wouldnt be too much of a problem because every time i download something new, and i am 100% sure it is clean(no viruses) i add it to my disk with the rest of my files :tongue:
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:36 PM
Quote:
and i am 100% sure it is clean(no viruses)

Yet you've still managed to have 6 viruses..
Posted By: The_Game Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:40 PM
Not quite 100% is it? LOL
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:42 PM
read it carefully smile
I ADD TO DISK WHEN ITS CLEAN(soz bout caps, just makin sure ya see it this time)
but when i download the file, if i get a virus, i obviously dont add it to disk.
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:50 PM
You know proper punctuation and putting cammas in the right spt would emphasize pausing points, and make your statements really clear.

I'm not an idiot you know.
(Meaning im noone you know (a stranger) but I am still an idiot)
I'm not an idiot, you know.
(Meaning you realize i am not an idiot)

One lil comma.... works wonders.
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 07:52 PM
well im sure your just being awkward, and can actually understand me
Posted By: Hindsight Re: Need a script - 19/06/03 11:50 PM
Heh i dont worry about viruses to much... I reformat every other week and keep an active router firewall and av protection running.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 02:20 AM
damn thats a bada44 virus to get a screwdriver and remove 4 screws and pull 2 connections out of the back of it to remove your drive ........ i gotta get me that virus ... amybe it can sendme the hardrives to my email too? smirk
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 02:31 AM
why in gods name would u reformat every other week? wtf are u doing to your OS that uve messed it up that quick??? if your running an AV and a firewall it makes me wonder why u would be needing too...... I have personally met someone who loves to reformat her pc over any subtle error ..... once she bought a monitor for a second pc she had using xp ... and one using 98 .. the monitor worked fine on 98 but not on xp ... well she carried the monitor from the 98 to the xp machine and then vise versa ..... plugged em both in to the opposite systems and the one didnt work on xp ..... well her answer was to format the xp out and install 98 bak on this other pc .... im on the phone to her and i said ok do u wanna cary a monitor back over from where u had it and swap em back out taking 5 mins tops ..... or do u wanna spend your afternoon formatting and reinstalling stuff? logic would dictate 5 mins is alot less hassle than reformatting .....

things like that just scare me sometimes to think there is ppl that truly feel the need to do this type of thing all the time ... specially since on the xp if u format and reinstall in some cases u have to call windows to get a new activation key ... (note thats only on some setups not oem)

and yes before anyone posts saying the monitor should have worked ... i know ..... it was all because of resolution settings and htz missmatches in the video card from monior to monitor
Posted By: Hindsight Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 03:06 AM
im annal, and i make reformatting fun. take ur pc to a mri center next time you want to format laugh It does wonders
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 05:30 AM
i have no need to take my pc anywhere to reformat it ..... i can quite easily reformat any pc on the planet without anyones help ..... thats not hard at all ......

but why someone would feel the need to do it repeatedly is just scarey.....
Posted By: pheonix Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 08:48 AM
i meant removing everything in my hard drive, not my actual drive shocked
Posted By: Hindsight Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 11:37 AM
...First of all it was joke to take it to an mri machine. If you didnt know what an mri machine does, it magnetically (with high powered magnets) can be used to scan parts of the body. If your comp got anywhere near the inside of an mri machine, every component, including ur hd would be wiped. On the other hand I really do format every other week. I like having a clean state. I dont really keep much of anything on my hd... and the things I do are just transfered over. I dont know why you think formatting is some big thing...
Posted By: KingTomato Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 05:57 PM
I would think that would take life off the drive to have everything removes and re written so many times to the same sector.
Posted By: Hindsight Re: Need a script - 20/06/03 07:02 PM
ive been doin it for about 4 years on the same hd...
© mIRC Discussion Forums