mIRC Homepage
Posted By: qr22 Help with code - 18/08/21 12:06 PM
So I need help with a script that triggers only when certain keywords are said (in this case "hello" and "bye). I've put the code in "Script Editor" under "Remote" but nothing happends. I also tried //load -rs $file.mrc
//run $file.mrc, it manages to load the script but nothing happends when I try to run it. All help is appreciated

on *:TEXT:*hello,bye*:#channel: {
; This will watch for the word in all channel messages.
if (word isin $1-) { echo -a $nick used the word }
}
Posted By: KindOne Re: Help with code - 21/08/21 02:43 PM
Your current code can only executing on this:

[10:34:50] <KindOne> hello,bye word
KindOne used the word

[10:34:55] <KindOne> ahello,byeo word
KindOne used the word

Its searching for for the actual text that matches "hello,bye", then its looking for the actual word "word".

You want something like this:

Code
on *:text:*:#channel:{
  ; This will watch for the word in all channel messages.
  if (hello isin $1-) || (bye isin $1-) { echo -a $nick used the word }
}
Posted By: Epic Re: Help with code - 21/08/21 05:07 PM
If I understand your question correctly, then you want to make the script respond to certain words written by users on your channel.

You can try using such an interesting and small script construction:
Code
on *:TEXT:*:#channel:{
  var %words = hello,bye
  var %text $remove($strip($1-),$chr(96),$chr(39),$chr(94),$chr(42),$chr(34),$chr(63),$chr(33),$chr(64),$chr(35),$chr(36),$chr(37),$chr(38),$chr(58),$chr(59),$chr(126),$chr(45),$chr(61),$chr(43),$chr(95),$chr(40),$chr(41),$chr(91),$chr(93),$chr(123),$chr(125),$chr(124),$chr(92),$chr(47),$chr(44),$chr(46))
  var %i 1 | while (%i <= $numtok(%words,44)) { var %s $gettok(%words,%i,44) | if ($istok(%text,%s,32)) { %w = %w %s } | inc %i }
  if (%w) { .echo -a 00,14Words $+(,$nick,) used:04 %w | unset %w }
}

In the variable "%words = hello,bye" you must list, separated by commas, all the words that you want to catch in messages.

The script will collect all the search-flagged words that will be found in the message (separated by a space) and display them in the echo message.

Screenshot:
    [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

© mIRC Discussion Forums