}

script2.mrc
menu channel {
test
.test2:/whatever
}

thanks.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: script menus - 24/12/02 03:01 PM
What is a menu break? Do you mean the scored line between each popup in the listbox? If so yes there is a way, nest both popups in one script instead of having them in two...
Posted By: tomalak16 Re: script menus - 24/12/02 03:31 PM
Yet it was specified in the question that the menu definitions are in separate scripts. So you have to assume that that is how it's needed. wink

You can use $submenu($id($1)) i've discovered... if you get each script to store the menu definition line in a hash table and then, in your aliases file create an identifier that returns the $1'th value in that hash table.... your popup can be populated.

Thanks
Posted By: Watchdog Re: script menus - 24/12/02 04:19 PM
There was nothing like that specified in the question at all. I agree that your cure for his problem will work but look at this...

is there anyway to get rid of the menu break in this: <-- Where here does it say that he requires it to be in seperate files? Some people, such as myself do it to seperate host/op popups from the pretty ones.
Posted By: tomalak16 Re: script menus - 24/12/02 05:28 PM
He stated clearly that one definition was in script1.mrc and the other was in script2.mrc.

In any case, I know he meant it had to be in seperate files because I asked him this question on IRC and he brought it here :P
Posted By: Watchdog Re: script menus - 26/12/02 02:44 PM
1. Yes and I gave him a correct answer based on the wording of his question..
2. Do the rest of use have the benefit of what he asked you on a server? No.
3. Yet it was specified in the question that the menu definitions are in separate scripts. So you have to assume that that is how it's needed. <-- The original poster didn't mention why it was needed the way he had it. Maybe he should complete his question here...
Posted By: tomalak16 Re: script menus - 26/12/02 03:01 PM
1. You gave an alternative method of what he was trying to do, but not within the parameters of the question which included "script1.mrc" and "script2.mrc"

2. And that is why I posted it here..... so that you now know.

3. He doesn't need to say why he needed it like that, it's how he wants it!
© mIRC Discussion Forums