mIRC Homepage
Alright, so what I have here is the attempt at overturning the changes to hosting recently by Twitch.

I was wondering if it's possible to call specific variables by the alias provided below.

Code:
alias targetStatus {
  if (!$1) { return }
  var %j = targetStatus
  JSONOpen -ud %j https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/streams/ $+ $1 $+ ?= $+ $ticks
  var %targetStatus = $json(%j,stream)
  if (%targetStatus) { set %gTargetStatus Online }
  if (!%targetStatus) { unset %gTargetStatus | /timer[TARGET_STATUS] off | msg %hostChan .unhost | unset %host*  }
  return %targetStatus
}

I want to call that variable on a per channel basis, specifically if this is running in multiple channels so it would have

Code:
%hostChan.#chan1 #chan1
%hostChan.#chan2 #chan2
ect.

So I want to check if the host of #chan1 is offline, and it is, so I need to send an .unhost to #chan1.

Can I call specific channels like that?

Also, in my current code (rough form) I'm aware that /unset %host* will unset all the %host variables.

If I can get pointed in the right direction I can make it all work, it's more of an understanding thing on my part.
It depends on where this is getting called from.

If its coming from an on join, on part or on text event $chan/# is available from within the alias.

If the variable(s) are set a global variables they are also available
Yes, I was wanting to call it from a global variable on a timed event where I run a target channel via that, and if the channel was offline, send a message to the channel of the hoster to unhost.

Example
I host MANvsGAME and he keeps streaming.
My script runs and checks to see if he's offline or not.
He eventually goes offline and my scripts reads as so.
I have it where I can checks the channel just fine.
My issue is needing to send the message to my channel from the variable.

Global variables would be
%hostChan.#fonic_artes #fonic_artes
%hostTarget.#fonic_artes manvsgame

It can call %hostTarget.#fonic_artes fine, but I'm not entirely sure on how to make it call %hostChan.#fonic_artes to send the unhost message.

That's what I just need a little help with to get into the right direction. I can then just make it work in a way to unset only the variables of that channel.
© mIRC Discussion Forums