mIRC Homepage
I have checked through previous posts both here and on twitch but no success. None say what I need to know.

My client receives whispers but they only appear in the debug.log as something like:

Quote:
<- @badges=;color=#FF4500;display-name=IndieBob;emotes=;message-id=70;thread-id=52103932_102974315;turbo=0;user-id=52103932;user-type= :indiebob!indiebob@indiebob.tmi.twitch.tv WHISPER robonicorn :I am whispering you buddy!

Where indiebob is the sending user name and robonicorn the mirc client name.

I can't work how I intercept these messages with an mIRC script. Any suggestions?
These are available via $msgtags, I believe SReject has normalization for whispers:

https://github.com/SReject/mTwitch
https://github.com/SReject/mTwitch/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=whisper
I think that uses JSON to get the IP to connect to the twitch group servers which isn't how it works these days AFAIK. I just need to know how to handle the incoming message. Surely there's just some ON event message I'm not doing right?

EDIT: AH wait saw the second link. Will check it out laugh
Sadly it doesn't work. frown

MSL points to the start of the word PARSELINE and says "Erroneous On Event Block. Misspelled even name?".
Are you using an old version?
For whispers, you'll only need mTwitch.Core.mrc

It *does* attempt to get a list of ips/servers but if that fails it falls back to testing against known twitch servers such as: tmi.chat.twitch.tv, irc.chat.twitch.tv, irc.twitch.tv, tmi.twitch.tv

Secondly, the requirements for those scripts is using mIRC v7.43 or later and having my JSON parser loaded.

--

If instead you JUST want the whisper support you can use the following code; again, you'll need mIRC v7.43 or later. (pulled straight from mTwitch.Core.mrc and slightly edited to use literal server matching)

Code:
;; Converts incoming twitch whispers to private queries
;; Use on TEXT(/help on TEXT) or on OPEN(/help on OPEN) events to handle the event
on $*:PARSELINE:in:/^((@\S+ )?)(\x3A[^!@ ]+![^@ ]+@\S+) WHISPER (\S+) (\x3A.*)/i:{
  var %Count  = $regml(0)
  var %Tags   = $regml($calc(%Count -3))
  var %User   = $regml($calc(%Count -2))
  var %Target = $regml($calc(%Count -1))
  var %Msg    = $regml(%Count)
  if ($regex($server, /^(tmi|irc)\.(chat\.)?twitch\.tv$/i) && $me == %target) {
    .parseline -it
    .parseline -itqp %Tags %User PRIVMSG $me %Msg
  }
}

;; Converts outbound private queries into twitch whispers
on $*:PARSELINE:out:/^PRIVMSG ([^#]\S*) \x3A(.+)$/i:{
  var %Target = $regml(1)
  var %Msg    = $regml(2)
  if ($regex($server, /^(tmi|irc)\.(chat\.)?twitch\.tv$/i)) {
    .parseline -otn PRIVMSG jtv :/w $lower(%Target) %Msg
  }
}
mSL still reports it as an error.... but it now works so thanks a lot! laugh I have outgoing whispers working already!
© mIRC Discussion Forums