mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Terenz Favorites, login registered user - 27/01/16 02:22 PM
When i'm click on a favorite channel, it automatically connect to the server and at the end the channel. Until that, work

Some channel require registered user and the problem is i need to login so the above procedure stop before connect to the channel because i'm not autenticated. The request is:
Is possible, when i click on the favorite channel, connect to the server, use automatically the string /msg nickserv identify password and then connect to the channel?

Thanks
Posted By: Y4kuzi Re: Favorites, login registered user - 28/01/16 02:53 PM
Code:
on 1:connect:{
  if ($server == <serverhere>) {
    msg NickServ IDENTIFY password
    join $channel
  }
}

Also for security reasons I recommend using /NS or /NickServ instead of a direct /PRIVMSG request.
Posted By: westor Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:03 PM
/NS and /NickServ are IRCD aliases that are optional so its better /privmsg rather these, in case a server admin will not include them in compile.
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: westor
/NS and /NickServ are IRCD aliases that are optional so its better /privmsg rather these, in case a server admin will not include them in compile.

A server alias 'nickserv' may require a u-line for the nickserv user to prevent impersonation, sending a direct message to nickserv does not.
Posted By: westor Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:37 PM
Yes. /NickServ and /msg NickSev is the same thing.
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:44 PM
No. It is not.

This is a line from the InspIRCd configuration:
<alias text="NICKSERV" replace="PRIVMSG NickServ :$2-" requires="NickServ" uline="yes">

Read what the uline parameter does here: https://wiki.inspircd.org/Modules/alias
Posted By: westor Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:45 PM
Ah ok you are talking for InspIRCD ..
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Favorites, login registered user - 29/01/16 09:51 PM
Any daemon worth a damn would do the same thing. You should prioritize the alias for this reason, and fall back on a case-by-case basis on servers where it doesn't function. And maybe implement your own checks at that point.
© mIRC Discussion Forums