mIRC Homepage
I'm new to the scripting aspects of mIRC and until I can get it all figured out I'm hoping someone can point me to a generic script with 'placeholders' whose values I can replace to fit my own use.

What I'm after is a script to connect me to various servers (two or three) and then join me to a couple (two or three) channels on each. The channels are always there from my experience so I wouldn't have to test to see if they had been created.

This may be more involved than I suspect but if there is a half-dozen line script that will do the job I would very much appreciate the help.

Steve
/help on start
/help /server

Code:
on *:start: {
server irc.server1.com -j #channel1,#channel2 -i nick1 altnick1 ident1 full name on server 1
server -m irc.server2.com -j #channel2,#channel3,#channel4 -i nick2 altnick2 ident2 full name on server 2
server -m irc.server3.com -j #channel5 -i nick3 altnick3 ident2 full name on server 3
}

Learning the syntax ain't hard, but it takes some time, just RT(F)M
on 1:START: {
/server irc.server1.com [port] -j #channel1,#channel2,#channel3
/server -m irc.server2.org [port] -j #channel4,#channel5,#channel6,#channel7
/server -m irc.server3.net [port] -j #channel9,#channel10
}

Change the red to your preferred servers, and the green to the channels you wish to join. As far as the /server commands, make sure that every one after the first has the -m attribute. This makes it open in a new window. The [port] is optional (the default is 6667 anyways). The channels must be seperated by commas for it to work properly.

EDIT: Darnit rat.. Atleast mine's color-coded >:D
yeah, that's 13337, but i've got the nicks and other cool stuff like the /help stuff...
grin
lol show off--heh
But no colour :P
© mIRC Discussion Forums