mIRC Homepage
Hey I'm wondering if it's possible to connect to alot of channels at once through the "Perform" window with a script that delays the connection between each channel by X seconds (1-3 seconds) because when I connect to alot of channels at once I get disconnected so I need to connect again manually and it would be much easier to do this by just clicking 1 button. What's the timer script I'm looking for?

Example:

(Insert timer here)
/join #channel1
(Insert timer here)?
/join #channel2
(Insert timer here)?
/join #channel3
(Insert timer here)?

Or maybe it's the Remote window that the script needs to be placed? I don't know. I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks for reading smile.
The perform option isn't really useful if you know what you're doing, just write everything in the scripts editor.

This command/alias joins a list of channels with a 5 sec delay

Code:

on *:CONNECT: if ($server == NameOfServer) join_chans  

alias join_chans {
  var %list = #test111 #test222 #test333 #test444 #test555
  var %i = 1
  while (%i <= $numtok(%list,32)) {
    var %sec = $calc(%i * 5)
    .timer 1 %sec join $gettok(%list,%i,32)
    inc %i
  }
}
Okey so I copy and pasted it and instead of NameOfServer should i write the IP of the server or the name that shows in favourites? Could you give an example please?

I also understand that where #test111 #test222 #test333 #test444 #test555 is written the channels should be instead, anything else that I need to manually change?
Yes, you only need to change the name of the server and the channel names

to get the name of the server type this in the chat/command line: //echo -ag $server

You could also use $network instead: //echo -ag $network
Thank you so much for your help, I got it working! smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums