Posted By: AlphaKennyHuan Help pls - 03/09/14 04:01 PM
I need to know how to get this bit of coding not to bug out

Code:
on *:text:!skingiveaway *:#: {
  ;$2 is the name of the donor
  ;$3- is the name of the skin
  msg # $2-
}

It would work normally but it doesnt work when | is used, and | is needed to be used in this case, for example someone might say

Quote:
!skingiveaway alphakennyhuan CZ-75 | Twist

Posted By: Loki12583 Re: Help pls - 03/09/14 10:42 PM
Do you have actually have it on a timer? The code you've provided does not suffer from remote code execution.

http://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc/msl_injection
Posted By: AlphaKennyHuan Re: Help pls - 04/09/14 06:24 PM
it does have a timer on it, its just the "|" in the message that people type is messing it up and it would say something like
Quote:
TWIST unknown command
Posted By: Wims Re: Help pls - 04/09/14 06:34 PM
Yes, that's because that character, the pipe, is the delimite of command in mIRC, when used with timer, the command associated to the timer will be of the form 'msg #chan ... | rest of the message', and rest of the message in your case start with "Twist", which is executed as a command (since it's not found, it's sent to the server which reply it doesn't know that command either), the link above explain it all
Posted By: judge2020 Re: Help pls - 07/09/14 03:24 PM
I believe adding a $ before the command ( even if it already has a $) it will make it plain text, or maybe that just works with the $$2/$$3 etc. commands, try it yourself smile
Posted By: Wims Re: Help pls - 07/09/14 07:06 PM
What do you mean exactly?
If you meant to add $ before the identifier like $2 becomes $$2, this is a different feature, if the value is $null (so here, if $2 is $null), /halt is executed, it's a quick way to stop doing anything when a parameter is not filled.
Posted By: AlphaKennyHuan Re: Help pls - 08/09/14 07:43 PM
thanks laugh will test when i get a minute
Posted By: AlphaKennyHuan Re: Help pls - 16/09/14 04:29 PM
This is what happens when I use what i extracted from that link

Quote:
5:22 User1: !skingiveaway User1 CZ-75 | MIKE
5:22 User2: <=== Giveaway for $decode( Q1otNzUgfCBNSUtF ,m) (donated by user1) is OPEN! To have a chance of winning this fantastic prize, type !enter - Winner will be drawn in 3 minutes. ====>

It does not successfully decode it help please
© mIRC Discussion Forums