mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Thrull UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 31/07/10 08:53 AM
Hello,

This isn't exactly a scripting question but I thought it best to ask here. I've updated to Mirc 7.1 however I'm seeing that some of the Unicode still isn't be displayed correctly.

I'm fairly certain the fonts I'm using aren't compliant, but I'm not sure how to test or where to get compliant fonts. Could anyone offer me some details on either issue?

Thanks

Edit: Upon doing some further research it appears this migh be a font linking issue. Any idea how one would solve this?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 31/07/10 11:37 AM
If you are certain it's not because someone's trying to display the text using code pages instead of unicode, then you will want to go through your fonts one at a time and uninstall them until it works so you can find which font is causing the problem (you can reinstall them after testing them, of course).
Posted By: WKN Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 02/08/10 12:35 PM
Hi,

try the DejaVu Font, its free, looks nearly an Arial font and displays a lot of Unicode codepoints.

WKN
Posted By: 5618 Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 02/08/10 12:57 PM
For people who (like many of us) cannot used anything else than fixedsys but also want unicode support: fixedsysexcelsior.com
Posted By: Thrull Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 03/08/10 05:58 AM
Thanks all. I think I have it mostly working now. It should do for 99% of the stuff that comes up on IRC.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 03/08/10 05:28 PM
Thanks .. been looking for that wink
Posted By: mynym Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 07/08/10 04:50 PM
What about the terminal fonts? Alot of the scripts use bright.fon which is a terminal based font.

All of the terminal ascii no longer renders correctly frown in 7.1
Posted By: Collective Re: UTF-8 Compliant Fonts - 07/08/10 05:56 PM
The characters you want to use are still available, and can now be used directly in a script and under any font.

Copy and paste the characters you desire from here into your script, or browse all the available characters here (section 25).
© mIRC Discussion Forums