mIRC Homepage
Posted By: saragani How to send commands to mIRC from IE? - 28/04/03 05:24 PM
You probably all know the <a href="irc://server/channel" target="_blank">irc://server/channel</a> thingy that you can type in IE, and then it starts mIRC and connect the the server, and join the channel.

How can I do similar things with IE?

Like if I click on a link in IE, and it does something I want in mIRC?

Do I need to build a script, or does it involves registry enteries?
Posted By: codemastr Re: How to send commands to mIRC from IE? - 28/04/03 07:59 PM
You can't make IE execute mIRC scripting code, that would be aa HUGE security problem. <a href="mircscript:/remove kernel32.dll">Click here for super fun!</a> And POOF windows is dead.
Posted By: saragani Re: How to send commands to mIRC from IE? - 28/04/03 08:52 PM
But the whole point is that there is a script installed in the mIRC which does it.

Like I have a funciton in that script which is called hello

so when someone click on the link then it runs the Hello function in the script. If he doesn't have the script installed, then IE will show a broken link (Like in ekonkey, if you install it, then writting something like [url=e2k://hash][url=e2k://hash][url=e2k://hash]e2k://hash[/url][/url][/url] will put the link in the edonkey program).

It is not like I'm want to control a computer, I can only do the commands that IE sends only if the script is installed!!!

© mIRC Discussion Forums