mIRC Homepage
Posted By: s00p /dialog features? - 08/01/10 04:42 AM
I'm looking for the following features:
1. Ability to set an item's foreground&background colour (in listbox or text/label).
2. Ability to create dynamic dialogs (eg. dialogs that have one text/label for each token in a variable). I suppose the easiest way to do this without a DLL is to dynamically rewrite a remote file that has the colours and reload the dialog each time something is changed... Quite involved.

Currently I'm writing a DLL in C to do this for me, which is quite a cumbersome way to go about this... but the help file doesn't appear to have an immediate solution. Does anyone know if either of these features exist in the context of mIRC scripting?
Posted By: Collective Re: /dialog features? - 08/01/10 08:01 AM
As far as I recall, DCX already does both of these things. You may have to use its controls rather than mIRC's, though, if you want to colour them.
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: /dialog features? - 08/01/10 08:15 AM
MDX also, though I use DCX now.
Posted By: s00p Re: /dialog features? - 09/01/10 05:37 AM
Thank you both. In this case, I feel as though my audience may not trust third party DLL files (as I myself confess, I don't trust them). I'll continue with my own C DLL file specifically for the task smile thankyou again
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: /dialog features? - 09/01/10 04:29 PM
That is understandable, s00p... However, DCX is a great DLL file with a lot of useful features if you're planning to make your dialogs more interesting.
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: /dialog features? - 09/01/10 09:42 PM
lol, Id trust mdx and dcx way before Id trust yours! I mean, mdx and dcx have been out for how many years now ? And how many reports of malicious behavior have there been?
Posted By: MeStinkBAD Re: /dialog features? - 07/02/10 08:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
That is understandable, s00p... However, DCX is a great DLL file with a lot of useful features if you're planning to make your dialogs more interesting.

When you say interesting, you mean flashy crap that does nothing but hinder your experience at the cost of showing off?

Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: /dialog features? - 07/02/10 08:40 PM
Wow,

First of all, if you are concerned with your experience put mIRC down immeidately and work on C++ or C#.

2nd, DCX offers a nicer dialog look and features. Flashy? Showing off? That depends on you.

edited to be nice
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: /dialog features? - 08/02/10 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: MeStinkBAD
When you say interesting, you mean flashy crap that does nothing but hinder your experience at the cost of showing off?

Have you done anything with the DLL before? Yes, you can make useless things with it (aka "flashy crap"), but you can do the same with regular mIRC scripting. However, you can also make very useful features on scripts, such as an internal chat window in a game that looks and acts just like mIRC's main chat window. There are also a wide variety of features you can add to a script to make it more useful rather than just flashy, thereby increasing a user's experience rather than hindering it.
© mIRC Discussion Forums