mIRC Homepage
Posted By: wollaston i need help with a cyber bully - 26/05/09 01:15 AM
Hello to all. My problem is somone is sending emails to a good friend of mine. He has been convicted 3 times and the judge said any more contact with her and you go to jail. Well he sent her a nasty email under a different email addy. I need to prove to the police that its from him. Can anyone help me.
Posted By: argv0 Re: i need help with a cyber bully - 26/05/09 01:56 AM
Well writing a script/popup would definitely not help prove who it is, so this is probably the wrong forum to ask in. Actually, given that this has nothing to do with mIRC, you should probably be looking somewhere else.

A little note though, *you* shouldn't need to be proving anything. The wonderful investigators at the police department should be the ones dealing with finding facts. I suggest you forward all relevant information you've received from the alleged bully to the police and have the experts deal with figuring out who it was.
Posted By: RusselB Re: i need help with a cyber bully - 26/05/09 02:39 AM
Additionally, the police have the authority to request a search warrant for the ISP that the e-mail was sent to, and from there the ISP techs can trace back where the e-mail actually came from, via the IP address.
Posted By: state Re: i need help with a cyber bully - 26/05/09 08:00 AM
How some one can let there self be bullied over the net is beyond me
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: i need help with a cyber bully - 26/05/09 07:28 PM
All they need is the ip from the email. If you use hotmail there was a setting that showed this. Ive forgotten it though.
© mIRC Discussion Forums