mIRC Homepage
Posted By: slickaileron multiple server automation - 20/04/03 11:26 AM
multi server window

Okay... I've tried just about everything under the sun I can think of to do working on this script... and I can't seem to be able to get it to work.

When mIRC starts up for the first time, it asks them how many active connections they want, and gives them a choice of 1-5 (if they dont fill in 1-5 it disconnects them, reconnects them, clears the variable, and has them put it again).

If 2 were chosen, it would ask char1 name, char1 pass, char1 email, char2 name, char2 pass, char2email, etc. Just as if 5 were chosen, it would prompt for them all. These would become:
%char1.name %char1.pass %char1.email
%char2.name %char2.pass %char2.email
etc

Now, if 1 was chosen it was simple. They would choose their first nick(Via an input request), type out their nickserv password for that nick(via an input request), and type our their email address for nickserv registration(via an input request). These were to become %char1.name %char1.pass and %char1.email Then, upon their first time connecting, it would automatically register them, reconnect, and automatically identify them every time thereafter.

Now, if 2 were chosen, it would do almost the same thing, but it would open another server window using
/server -m irc.server.net -i %char2.name
and then if it were the first time signing onto the server, it would automatically register BOTH their nicks, then disconnect and reconnect both nicks, and then automatically identify the nick everytime thereafter... and so on.

I'm wondering if there is an easier way to do this.
Posted By: gerdigos Re: multiple server automation - 20/04/03 07:59 PM
That's really complex, and i'm so bored to write code right now, that i don't even write any for my script!
Anyway, let's start by saying that you need to use a variable as a counter, in order to determine if it's the first time your script is used. Use the on *:START: event here.
Next, you need to prompt the user for input for the nicks, passwords and e-mail addresses. I recommend designing a dialog window. Dialog Studio will help you a great deal (only) on designing your dialog. You must write its functions on your own. Try making a drop-down combo box with 5 entries for each input you need. A good idea is to store data in the variables only if data is given. This will help us out a bit later and make the code faster.
Finally, if i got it right, you want your script to register the nick once you connect to the server. Use on *:CONNECT: for that one. I'm an IRCnet'er, so i don't quite remember the NickServ commands, and as i said, i'm bored now. Upon connect, try to make an IDENTIFY, and if an error comes up, then it means you're not registered. Register, disconnect and reconnect. That should work fine, but might need some on *:SERVNOTICE: or sth like that.
Hint: When your script has finished reconnecting, use an echo like "Register procedure successfully terminated!" to make it more interactive smile (The code for this should go in the previous on Connect, use a variable to determine if you'll follow the register process.)

And here's our end. Write some (hell of a) code and then start testing and debugging. That's the only way to make such a thing. And also: DON'T BE LAZY LIKE ME! Use 100% of your brain cells in programming. It does goooooood!!
Hope i helped,
gerdigos smirk
© mIRC Discussion Forums