mIRC Homepage
Posted By: BoXeRn_ How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 18/04/03 05:24 PM
Is There Any Script That Can Help Me With That? plz
confused I Tried The Snippet On http://www.mircscripts.org/showdoc.php?type=code&id=1810
but it not working , (sorry my english ;p)
Posted By: gerdigos Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 18/04/03 05:50 PM
Hm... That's kind of difficult. You should use either e-mails with attachments or some mirc script with its own file sharing feature. It's difficult to find this kind of thing in a script, cause mirc already has DCC, but i think i had seen a file server addon at www.mircscripts.org . I don't know where it is now!!!
Note: In order to file-share with others via mirc without using DCC, both users must have the same file-sharing system added on mirc.
Hope helped!
Posted By: BoXeRn_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 18/04/03 09:11 PM
,, the file-server addon you talk about , is that without dcc?
Posted By: BoXeRn_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 18/04/03 09:51 PM
But ,, the BIG problem is that i can't send dcc!! Because i use a router , (not a hub) ,, so i need something that can send files without using dcc .. maybe we can use sockets ,, or something ,, but i can't a [censored] about sockets!!
and ,, i will not use some script that we both(the sender and the reciever) must have ,,, hmm .. wha'evah laugh
have you tried fowarding ports? what type of router do you have?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 03:23 AM
if you use a router u need to configure it correctly before u can send and recieve ANYTHING TO ANYONE no matter what type of special script u have u still cannot sent and recieve files if ur router is not setup correctly...... complain about it being someone elses fualt all u want but the problem lies in u ...... look up info on how to setup ur router responsibly and do not blame mirc for your failure to read directions .........

ok sorry for the lecture but i do hate when ppl blame everything on someone else
Posted By: gerdigos Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 08:48 AM
I thought you said you are not going to install the addon in two computers :tongue: . Anyway, the file-server addon i'm talking about is a socket addon. It uses sockets to down/up -load files through mIRC. No, it doesn't use DCC. I don't know anything about networks and stuff, although i'd take pleasure in studying Network things. (I'm 15 years old smile ) Ask _D3m0n_ instead. He seems to know the hell out of nets, and i'm happy to see him again grin
Hope helped again...
ger
Posted By: BoXeRn_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 01:30 PM
Yeah i Do That laugh
Posted By: BoXeRn_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 01:34 PM
But ,, Can You , plz check out the file-server addon you talking about ,, laugh if you find it !PLZ! take contact!! cool
Posted By: gerdigos Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 06:09 PM
Take a look at this search result , for all available web servers in mircscripts.org and also follow this link , that will get you to the system i was talking about.
Note: Disturbing, but it only works with mIRC ver 6.03!
Hope i helped (again) wink
Posted By: BoXeRn_ Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 06:42 PM
THANK! cool Love u laugh (im not gay :P)
Posted By: gerdigos Re: How Can I Send Files Without dcc? - 19/04/03 06:48 PM
Neither am I, but I love everyone smile It will be really tricky to find your way through these scripts, but work on that.
© mIRC Discussion Forums