mIRC Homepage
Posted By: dylaninfd On text to specific user - 21/08/07 12:53 AM
Is there a way to configure an on text script to, when I type !ignore in a query window, it automatically sends a message saying "I am now ignoring you", and then ignores the user in the query. Is this possible? All help is appreciated greatly!
Posted By: Old Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 03:50 AM
If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to be able to open a query with a user, be able to type !ignore which will add the user to your ignore list and then, echo to them that they were ignored.

You can't use an on text event for yourself but, you could add this to your alias (Alt + R -- Alias tab)

Code:
/ignoreuser { ; Specify user after
  ignore $2
  say I am now ignoring you
}

This is just a start and I composed it here in this window. I am sure someone will come by and offer a better solution but, this will point you in the direction you need to look.
Posted By: deegee Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 07:28 AM
Code:
on *:input:?:{
  if $1- == !ignore {
    .ignore $active 3
    msg $active "I am now ignoring you"
    close -m $active
    halt
  }
}
Posted By: spermis Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 08:27 AM
thats not wh
Posted By: spermis Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 08:27 AM
thats not what i need.. i need that it bans user from using only ONE command.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: spermis
thats not what i need.. i need that it bans user from using only ONE command.

That isn't what was asked for. If only one command should be ignored, you'd have to specify what command that is.
Posted By: Mentality Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 11:29 AM
What deegee provided is precisely what you asked for in your original post. You made no mention of banning people from using commands. What commands are you referring to? Specifics matter smile

Regards,
Posted By: hixxy Re: On text to specific user - 21/08/07 11:30 AM
I think he replied to the wrong thread... https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=183549&page=1#Post183549
© mIRC Discussion Forums