mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Garou Personnel protection - 22/06/07 07:30 PM
I did a search and coudlnt find a set of personnel protection....anyone have one done already?
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Personnel protection - 22/06/07 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Garou
I did a search and coudlnt find a set of personnel protection....anyone have one done already?

First you need to tell eveyone else what "a set of personnel protection" is? laugh
Posted By: Garou Re: Personnel protection - 22/06/07 08:46 PM
Personnel protection or private protection from:

dcc flood
ctcp flood
action flood
notice flood
text flood
query flood
invite flood
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Personnel protection - 22/06/07 08:56 PM
There are probably 50 of those on [url=mircscripts.org]mircscripts.org[/url]
Posted By: Garou Re: Personnel protection - 22/06/07 10:37 PM
Ya but they are all old codes from 2004 :P
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 12:07 AM
That doesn't mean they are bad.
Posted By: Bekar Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 01:19 AM
There hasn't been any changes significant enough to make them bad; After all, it's only been 3 versions (6.16 was released in July 2004. 6.17, 6.2 and 6.21 are the only releases since).

The event structures etc. for the protection you're looking at haven't changed since long before that.
Posted By: Garou Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 12:22 PM
I didnt say they were bad, they are out of date not complete and most dont have dialogs.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 01:24 PM
How are you defining Out of Date? If a script works in mIRC, no matter what version of mIRC, then there's no need to update it.

If a script is incomplete, then you should post that in the comments section about the script. Most (if not all) scripting sites require a script to be tested before posting it on the site, and some require independent verification that a script works before it will be posted.

In regards to dialogs, at no point before this last post did you state that you wanted/needed a dialog.
Posted By: Garou Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 06:38 PM
Out of date meaning they dont seem to be coded like you guys do today and not complete meaning i cant get all i was looking for in the same script like i posted and sorry yes I wanted with dialog that i forgot to mention. Anyway no need to get mad bro just forget I asked for this one :P
Posted By: Bekar Re: Personnel protection - 23/06/07 11:23 PM
Most of my protection and utility scripts don't have dialog interfaces, as they are mostly pointless.

The whole point of a protection script is to be mostly-invisible and work.

If you really want a dialog interface to one, write it yourself. It shouldn't be too hard.

Oops, thanks RusselB smile
Posted By: RusselB Re: Personnel protection - 24/06/07 12:59 AM
RusselB offers Bekar a "n't" to add to the end of "should" in his last sentence.
© mIRC Discussion Forums