mIRC Homepage
Posted By: RusselB Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 03:02 AM
It has been reported that my Scrolling Titlebar shows the channel modes at the end of the scroll, if the channels are maximized.
I have been able to confirm that this is sometimes the case, but not always, and I've run out of ideas as to why the channel modes are showing in the scroll at all.
Here's my current
Code:
ctcp *:version:*:{
  ctcpreply $nick Version Scrolling Titlebar 06.13.2007 by Russel Bairstow
}
menu channel,nicklist {
  Titlebar scrolling speed : set %scroll $$input(Scrolling Speed,e,number of milliseconds,$iif(%scroll,$v1,250)) |  .timer.sb -m 0 $iif(%scroll,$v1,250) sb.disp $chan
}
on *:start:{
  .titlebar $me
}
alias sb.title {
  return $chan($1).topic
}
alias sb.break {
  return ***
}
alias sb.pre {
  return $1 $chan($1).mode $nickcount($1)
}
alias sb.suf {
  return 
}
alias sb.stop {
  unset %sb.*
  .timer.sb off
}
alias sb.start {
  unset %sb.*
  set %sb.point 0
  .timer.sb -m 0 $iif(%scroll,$v1,250) sb.disp $1
}
alias sb.disp {
  if $1 ischan {
    var %sb.title = $sb.break $strip($sb.title($1))
    inc %sb.point 1
    if (%sb.point > $len(%sb.title)) set %sb.point 1
    var %sb.disp = $right(%sb.title,$calc($len(%sb.title) - %sb.point)) $left(%sb.title,%sb.point)
    titlebar $sb.pre($1) %sb.disp $sb.suf
  }
  else {
    titlebar $pm.time($network,$1)
  }
}
alias -l nickcount {
  var %a = 1, %b = $len($prefix), %nick.count
  while %a <= %b {
    %nick.count = $+(%nick.count,$nick($1,0,$mid($prefix,%a,1)),$mid($prefix,%a,1),$chr(44))
    inc %a
  }
  return $replace(%nick.count $+ $nick($1,0,r) $+ ΓΈ,$chr(44),$+($chr(44),$chr(32)))
}
on *:active:*:{
  sb.start $active
}
on *:close:?:{
  unset $+(%,time,.,$network,.,$nick)
}
on *:open:?:*:{
  set $+(%,time,.,$network,.,$nick) $ticks
}
alias -l pm.time {
  return $1 $2 $elapsed($($+(%,time,.,$1,.,$2),2))
}
alias -l elapsed {
  return $+($duration($int($calc(($ticks - $1) / 1000)),3),.,$calc(($ticks - $1) % 1000))
}

Could it be something that mIRC adds to the titlebar on its own for some reason? Or could it be that some other script is altering a variable that is used by that script?

-genius_at_work
Posted By: RusselB Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 03:31 AM
If it was something that mIRC was adding, I would expect it to happen all of the time, but it doesn't.
As to another script interfering, I've already eliminated that by testing the code with no other scripts loaded, and all variables being unset using /unsetall

The only way that I've been able to guarantee the problem showing, is by making a channel that has no topic active, then going to one that has a topic.
Posted By: Bekar Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 03:54 AM
Is it your scritpted $chan().mode (from $sb.pre($1)), or is it the mode that the mIRC title bar has on it's own?

Given the frequency of the updates, the horrible thought of re-painting-upon-window-change-conflict comes to mind..

Will poke more later if a solution doesn't present it's self (at work *pout*).
Posted By: RusselB Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 05:09 AM
Not sure. The information, which matches that from $chan().mode, appears to be appended to the channel topic $chan().topic, however, as I said, it doesn't always happen, and when it does happen, all of the channels must be maximized.
Posted By: Bekar Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 08:49 AM
Ok, this is what I'm getting (screen cap).

The end bit is also growing/shrinking a character (this is the shrunken form).

Is this what you are talking about?

Or is the mode further to the right?
Posted By: RusselB Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 04:50 PM
Yes. The part in [ ] should not be showing.
Posted By: xDaeMoN Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 07:50 PM
I tried all mIRCs that I have and the channel modes & channel topic do show up and is being appended at the end of mIRC titlebar when the channel window is maximized. I never had the instance of them not showing when maximized.
Posted By: Bekar Re: Weird problem with my Scrolling Titlebar - 14/06/07 09:20 PM
Yeah, same here.

The [] at the end is mIRC's own title-bar display for a maximised window.

It's the window-titlebar text for a non maxmimsed window.

I'm not aware of any way to stop it from showing up.
It seems that mIRC appends that text onto the end of the titlebar. I think that it is automatically pushed off the end of the titlebar if the user-set titlebar text is long enough. In any of my maximized channel windows, I typed /titlebar x and the titlebar showed

"mIRC x - [#channel....blah blah blah..]"

I wonder if there is an option somewhere to disable this automatic text. I don't see one though, so but maybe one should be added.

-genius_at_work
© mIRC Discussion Forums