mIRC Homepage
hello,

how can i join a channel, and have it open minimized but in maximized state, that is when i click on it, it will restore to maximised state?

thanks
Use the -n switch in the join command.

/join -n #channel

/help /join
tssssk, i can read help, thank you wink

-n will open the channel minimized, but when i click on it it will NOT be maximized, that is it's state is NOT maximized.
If your other windows are maximized, so too will be
new channel windows when opened with the -n switch.
well it should, shouldnt it?

however its not like that.

i open my mirc, and status window is maximised. script joins a bunch of channels using join -n, and when i restore any of them, it opens NOT maximised.
Try connecting, then maximize each channel window, then save the position of each channel (while maximized) either one at a time, or using Save All, while all of them are maximized (they should overlap each other), then disconnect, reconnect and try your code again.
thats what i used to do in older versions of mirc, but the newest version broke something, and it doesnt work anymore.. :|
i use 6.21 and have all my window maximized, when /join -n #channel, channel is minimized and if i click on it, it will be maximized as it should
Did you maximize the first status window and save its position?
yes!

..i wonder if this has been fixed in 6.3...
Odd, it works fine here.

I connected to a server, maximized the status window, then used /join -n #channel, and then activated #channel using the treebar. It was maximized.
Don't get snippy with me just because you have some kind of magical bug that only appears on your machine. It works as expected for me and everyone else, so I'm guessing it's just idiot operator error. Get a clue.

~ Edit ~

This magical bug is such a pain in the ass that it took you over a month to respond?
no, its not so annoying, because thats just about how much i use mirc.

and considering that my whole mirc interaction is start it, wait for connections and joins to happen, and then click on treebar - yeah, it has to be operator error.

and since you can talk for everyone here, i should watch out for that huge ego not to fall upon me.

oh yeah, get a clue!
© mIRC Discussion Forums