mIRC Homepage
Posted By: nalfein quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 11:20 AM
im customizing the way all the messages and events look on my mirc, and everything works pretty well except now the quit message shows in the status window and not on the channel(s) the user was on before he left. any ideas how to solve this?
Posted By: nalfein Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 11:52 AM
sry, im new to this all and didnt realise there were more pages in this forum, found the answer blush
Posted By: sparta Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:01 PM
try use "echo -a" .. i guess you use echo -s now? smile -a = active window.. -s = status window
Posted By: nalfein Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:05 PM
i had only -t after the echo no -s. i used the code horstl posted on a topic in page two right now, and that seems to work fine
Posted By: Deele Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:05 PM
At first, make ON JOIN event, that reacts on users who are joining channels, that you are sitting in, and create some db (database) that would carry information about niks, and their joined channels, that you are too. Make event when YOU are joining channel (read all people who are sitting in channel) and add them yo your db.
After this all... Create event, that would catch quit message, replace it as you want, and echo it with loop, to those channels, in whitch that person was sitting...
Job done...

PS: Havent tried jet, so maybe there is other way to do this. whistle
Posted By: sparta Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:16 PM
no need for a data base or anything like that, i use this:
Code:
on ^*:QUIT:{
  if ($nick == $me) { goto end }
  set %quitmessage $1-
  if Ping timeout isin %quitmessage { set %quitmessage Ping timeout }
  if Connection reset by peer isin %quitmessage { set %quitmessage Connection reset by peer }
  set %quitchan $chan
  %quit.1 = 1 
  if (quit: isin %quitmessage) set %quitmessage $+ $remove(%quitmessage,quit:,...)
  :quits
  if ($nick ison $chan(%quit.1)) { 
    set %quit.echo $chan(%quit.1) 
    themequit
    inc %quit.1
    goto quits 
  }
  elseif ($chan(%quit.1) != $null) { inc %quit.1
  goto quits }
  halt
  else { goto naiquit }
  :naiquit
  halt
  :end
}

then i just use a small script that echo the text i want smile i know it can be coded bether, but as long as it does the job i dont see any need to remake it wink
Posted By: nalfein Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:41 PM
ok, ty all for your replies. any of you know a good website with tutorials or tools for these kinds of scripts?
Posted By: sparta Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 12:45 PM
www.mircscripts.org .. a good site to start look on..
Posted By: The_JD Re: quit message in the wrong place - 07/05/07 02:38 PM
/me points towards https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=176084&page=1#Post176084
© mIRC Discussion Forums