mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Mpot War Tracking - 27/04/07 11:45 PM
How hard would it be to create a script that returns if a person has any active wars using this? Like '!wars username' and it returns if they have any wars?

And, perhaps, a script that checks if any of these people are in a war?

And, perhaps, a script that will respond with a listing of wars for an alliance from this list. Like !wars alliance and it sends back a listing of all members of that alliance in a war?

Also, I don't want the bot to get flooded off, so I've got this script.

Quote:
alias inoutbot {
if ($1 = 1) { $read(limiter.txt, 1)
write -dl1 limiter.txt
}
if ($1 = 0) {
write limiter.txt $2-
}
}
on *:start:{ timerbotlimiter 0 2 /inoutbot 1
write -c limiter.txt }

So can you incorporate the /inoutbot 0 limiter into any msg commands. And, I'd like the war listings for an alliance to send in a query. And wars for a single person in notice.

If anyone can pull this off, I congratulate them.
Posted By: CShadowRun Re: War Tracking - 29/04/07 08:20 PM
http://www.hdesk.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sockets
or
/help sockets
:p
Posted By: Mpot Re: War Tracking - 29/04/07 08:48 PM
There's not a chance I can do it by myself. I'm useless at this stuff. I kinda need some help. Perhaps Raimus could assist.
Posted By: Mpot Re: War Tracking - 29/04/07 10:07 PM
Alright, I just found out that the website doesn't support war searches anymore. What we need to do is go here, input the data specified in !wars username, keeping in mind that names can contain spaces.

Then this comes up:

If there aren't any search results, it'll look like this:

If there are no mathes, I want the script to reply in notice with '0 Colonies found matching search criteria.'

If there are several matches like this:

it should come back with 'Multiple results, please narrow your query:
user here
user here

Alright. So it's narrowed to one person. It clicks on the name and is taken to the colony overview.

If they aren't in wars, it looks like this:

If they aren't in any wars, the script comes back and says User is not in wars.

If they are in wars, it looks like this:

If in an aggressive war, it'd say the same thing with the war name under aggressive wars.

So, if they're in a war, I want the script to come back with 'use in in war #####' and with a link to the war, which can be obtained by clicking on the number in the display colony screen.

To recap:
!wars username: bot inputs into search feature. If multiple results, the script returns with 'Multiple results, please narrow your query' and lists the users it got back.

If there's one, it goes to the colony. If it's in no wars, script says 'colonynamehere is not in any wars'.

If in wars, it says 'colonynamehere' is in war ### with a link to that war.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: War Tracking - 01/05/07 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, that site requires that:

1) You need to be registered.
2) It searches without changing the URL, so you need to POST the correct information and everything I've tried doesn't seem to work. Of course, I don't have much experience POSTing.
Posted By: Mpot Re: War Tracking - 02/05/07 11:07 AM
So that means we're screwed?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: War Tracking - 03/05/07 02:48 AM
Not necessarily. It does mean that someone with more knowledge would need to help, though.
Posted By: Mpot Re: War Tracking - 03/05/07 10:55 AM
Could you put me in touch?
© mIRC Discussion Forums