mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Sinistra Need some help - 03/04/07 11:09 PM
I am trying to make a rules and help script for my chan and I am stuck. I need some help

Code:
on *:join:#animeost:{/notice $nick Hello! and welcome to AnimeOST. you can chat about anything and everything. If this is your first time you can type !help to get help on registering or logging into the chan. you can also type !rules to get a list of the chan rules. Thanks for hanging out in the AnimeOST chan! Happy Chatting};
on *:text:!help:{ /query $nick Hello! I am here to help you with your basic IRC commands. and to register. so lets get that our of the way shall we?
/query $nick OK Lets set up our nick first. By the !rules you are supose to use your AnimeOST forum name so its easier for the staff to identify you. So to change your nick type /nick your nick (/nick Sinistra) will turn my nick into Sinistra.
/query $nick Now that we have your nick setup. We are going to register the nick. if your nick is already take please PM a member of the IRC chan staff to let them know. OK to register your account. type /nickserv REGISTER <Password> <email> (<password being well a password> <Email being a valid email you hold so the comfermation code can be sent to you>)
/query $nick Once you have reigsted you can now goto your email and copy and pace the access number into the chan and there you go! For other information on the nickserv you can type /Nickserv HELP.
/query $nick Basic commands of the IRC are realy easy. to perforum an actoin you can type /me<action> Example:
/query $nick /me is helping $nick with their IRC commands
/query $nick See? Simple right? ^_^};

The problem is that id dosen't show like I posted multipble lines How do I fix this?
Posted By: RusselB Re: Need some help - 03/04/07 11:36 PM
Problem #1) The ON TEXT event doesn't have a location identified. The options are # for a channel message, ? for a pm/query message, or * for channel or pm/query message.
Problem #2) The alignment of your braces and the ; characters. The ; is treating parts of your code as remarks.

Here's a re-write, and as long as you're going to remain small for the number of help lines, the general format that you have is fine.
However, if you think or find that you're needing more lines, I would suggest putting the text of the help lines into a text file, then using the /play command to send the text file to the nick that used the !help command.

For more help with this, see /help /play

Here's a re-write with the errors I found corrected (and some spelling errors corrected as well)
Code:
on *:join:#animeost:{
  /notice $nick Hello! and welcome to AnimeOST. you can chat about anything and everything. If this is your first time you can type !help to get help on registering or logging into the chan. you can also type !rules to get a list of the chan rules. Thanks for hanging out in the AnimeOST chan! Happy Chatting
}
on *:text:!help:*:{
  .msg $nick Hello! I am here to help you with your basic IRC commands, and to register. So lets get that out of our way shall we?
  .msg $nick OK Lets set up our nick first. By the !rules you are suppose to use your AnimeOST forum name so its easier for the staff to identify you.  So to change your nick type /nick your nick (/nick Sinistra) will turn my nick into Sinistra.
  .msg $nick Now that we have your nick setup. We are going to register the nick. If your nick is already taken please PM a member of the IRC channel staff to let them know.
  .msg $nick OK to register your account. type /nickserv REGISTER <Password> <email> (<password being well a password> <Email being a valid email you hold so the confirmation code can be sent to you>)
  .msg $nick Once you have registered you can now goto your email and copy and paste the access number into the chan and there you go! For other information on the nickserv you can type /Nickserv HELP.
  .msg $nick Basic commands of the IRC are really easy. To perform an action you type /me<action>
  .msg $nick Example: /me is helping $nick with their IRC commands
  .msg $nick See? Simple right? ^_^
}
© mIRC Discussion Forums