mIRC Homepage
Posted By: klaaamp on dialog - 18/01/07 01:12 AM
why doesnt this work:
ON *:DIALOG:test1:rclick:*:{
isnt rclick supported in on dialog-events?
Posted By: RusselB Re: on dialog - 18/01/07 01:45 AM
I've never used it myself, but according to the help file, it's supported and the format of your event is correct. I can't tell if there might be something else wrong with your code, as you didn't provide anything else.

Upon testing, I found that the right click was only recognized on disabled ID's and always returned an ID of 0.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance at this point.
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: on dialog - 18/01/07 06:44 AM
Ok this is how I do my right click events.

Code:
on *:<dialog>:sclick:<id>:{
<any sclick events>

if (rclick* !iswm $did(<id>,1)) halt
<right click events after here>
}
Posted By: klaaamp Re: on dialog - 18/01/07 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: DJ_Sol
Ok this is how I do my right click events.

Code:
on *:<dialog>:sclick:<id>:{
<any sclick events>

if (rclick* !iswm $did(<id>,1)) halt
<right click events after here>
}

That code doesnt work, and I dont see how it would either since u specify it to listen on sclick and nothing else, and if it would work it would not be a proper way todo since it kinda cheats how mirc should react..
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: on dialog - 18/01/07 05:59 PM
lol, well Klaamp, sorry to say it works for me every time. Ya should not look to see how something is wrong, instead look to see how it could be right. At the very least, in the code I provided, you will see how you can find the right click event with $did(<id>,1).

If you were to read the mirc help file about the sclick event you would see "sclick single click in list/combo box, or check/uncheck of radio/check buttons, or click of a button."

Is a right click a single click in a list/combo box?
Posted By: hixxy Re: on dialog - 18/01/07 06:01 PM
If you're using a DLL like MDX, it may be interfering in the way events are processed, and as far as I remember your method is exactly how you catch a right click event in MDX, but afaik in native mIRC right clicks are only caught on the dialog itself.
© mIRC Discussion Forums