mIRC Homepage
Posted By: parvez On text is not catching up the word - 16/10/06 10:12 PM
Hi again!

I have this code in my remote
Code:
 on *:text:w w w . m i r c . c o m*:#bangladesh: { /gzline $nick 5d5m5h5s 12ZUCKKK OFF BASTOR } 
} 

* I removed the actual website because I don't want anyone to think i am advertising. I used mirc is an example.

When someone types that in #bangladesh, it's more like when someone floods with that text. How come my remote does not pick it up and gzline it?

Any solutions?

Thanks!
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: On text is not catching up the word - 16/10/06 10:31 PM
I assume you have access to the gzline command? smile

You have the web site with spaces in it... that may just be for your example, but if not, that could be the problem. Also, I'd suggest putting a * in front of the trigger text as well... *www.mirc.com* so it catches it anywhere in the text, rather than just at the beginning of the line. It will also allow it to catch http://www.mirc.com/ by doing that.

Just as one other note... you have an extra } at the end. It won't hurt having it there, but it's not needed.
Posted By: parvez Re: On text is not catching up the word - 16/10/06 11:01 PM
Yep, I do. I am a Service-Administrator there. I have access to almost everything even oper-serv.

I put the spaces because that person keeps on flooding with spaces. I know I already glined that person before. Maybe like 100times but there are always socks 4 and 5. I just need the code to be fixed and nothing else.

If I put as *mirc.com*, do you think it will also gline when you type m i r c .com with spaces?
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: On text is not catching up the word - 16/10/06 11:22 PM
Quote:
Hi again!

I have this code in my remote
Code:
 on *:text:w w w . m i r c . c o m*:#bangladesh: { /gzline $nick 5d5m5h5s 12ZUCKKK OFF BASTOR } 
} 

* I removed the actual website because I don't want anyone to think i am advertising. I used mirc is an example.

When someone types that in #bangladesh, it's more like when someone floods with that text. How come my remote does not pick it up and gzline it?

Any solutions?

Thanks!

2 Methods of determining w w w . m i r c . c o m in text events well theres more but heres 2 so you get the point #1 we have iswm aka IS WORD MATCH this method detects both www.mirc.com and w w w . m i r c . c o m and nothing else.

on *:TEXT:*:#bangladesh:{
if (*W*W*W*.*M*I*R*C*.*C*O*M iswm $1-) { msg # mIRC dot Com j00rself }
}

#2 method is to remove spaces on incoming text, isin can be evaluated.

on *:TEXT:*:#bangladesh:{
if (www.mirc.com isin $remove($1-,$chr(32))) { msg # mIRC dot Com j00rself }
}

btw the msg # can be changed to whatever command to be performed
Posted By: DaveC Re: On text is not catching up the word - 16/10/06 11:25 PM
they are liekly not spaces
u could use *m*i*r*c*.*c*o*m* this would cover almost anything spaces hardspaces underlines, color changes etc

And the chance that someone elses text well have all those letters scatered in them in there text in that specific order of the "real web site" i highly doubt. (well im not in ya channel so i dont care actully!)
Posted By: hero12 Re: On text is not catching up the word - 17/10/06 02:04 PM
The matchtext in ON TEXT is compared against plain text already stripped of color codes so that is better than a separate 'if iswm'. It's smaller too.

As for using other characters may i suugest a regex
Code:
ON $*:TEXT:/m\W*i\W*r\W*c\W*c\W*o\W*m/: /gzline $nick 5d5m5h5s 12ZUCKKK OFF BASTOR

Note you do not need to put the . in since it would count as non-writable so is \W

If you are really desparate to get this guy then use all the suggestions smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums