mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Solis Welcome message in chat room - 10/10/06 09:21 PM
I would like my bot to deliver a welcome message main screen in the chat room every time a new chatter comes in. I have looked through all the topics but couldn't find anything. Is there a code to be put in? If so what is it and where do I put it in the script editor?

Please help
Posted By: xDaeMoN Re: Welcome message in chat room - 10/10/06 09:32 PM
Check this thread.
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 10/10/06 09:36 PM
Checked the thread and see what is there, I want this to happen every time someone enters. I don't want to have to type it myself everytime.I want my bot to post in the room the welcome using the nic I gave my bot. I did see the code that was written there, if that is what I am suppose to use. Where do I put it in the script editor?? Sorry I am really new to using scripts
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: Welcome message in chat room - 10/10/06 09:44 PM
while in MIRC on your keyboard hold the ALT BUTTON and PRESS R it will pull up the remote editor then copy and paste the script into there if its blank if not click File, New then paste the script and click ok
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 10/10/06 10:07 PM
Got it working, thank you so much for your help a patience wink
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 12:34 AM
Well the message thing worked fine, However when I now try to host or dehost someone, it no longer works? Any reason for this? Hopefully an answer and fix? confused
Posted By: RusselB Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 01:01 AM
host/de-host? Your host is normally your internet provider, so you can't de-host someone, since, in theory, the process of de-hosting someone would remove their internet provider.

Do you mean op/deop, half-op/de-half-op, voice/devoice?

Note that the message is set up to be displayed only when the person joins the channel, not when a person has their status changed. Based on the script given here
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 01:33 AM
yes, i meant the op/deop sorry. I did copy and paste the on join message from that thread. I understand about the display of the message. But since I changed the on join I can not op/ deop a person
Posted By: xDaeMoN Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 02:13 AM
Maybe you do not have OP status, try checking that.
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 03:02 AM
I do have OP statues its my own room frown
Posted By: deegee Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 03:05 AM
How exactly are you trying to op/deop?
Posted By: Solis Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 03:49 AM
highlight the name then right lick and choose the option
Posted By: xDaeMoN Re: Welcome message in chat room - 11/10/06 08:00 AM
Did you get any error message? The codes posted on the link we gave you won't give you this problem.
© mIRC Discussion Forums