mIRC Homepage
How do I go abouts doing this having the version of a script I am working on show up to the other person with out the mIRC v6.2 Khaled Mardam-Bey. Also, how do I do a whois responder like...

Code:
 on *:SNOTICE:*did a /whois on you*: { .notice $2 Your whois on me has been logged!

I also want to have it put in a log file..I can't get this code to work. plz help smile
you have your script reply with its version number on something besides /ctcp nick version like say /ctcp nick golfball
ummm ok? can anyone else help me out here
#1 You cannot edit the version reply of mIRC to have the 6.2 by Khaled to not SHOW up its permanent live with it. You can in theory add to it or you can have people change the ctcp trigger like dave was talking about on a example

CTCP *:VERSIONX:?:{ Notice $nick I am using blah blah by blah }

#2 On *:SNOTICE:*: The only thing is I can't test this but it would perhaps be easy to figure out the proper commands do something like this

On *:SNOTICE:*:{
if (whois on you isin $1-) { echo -a $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 }
}

this way it will echo val $1 up to 5 so you know which one is the nick and once you found that out

On *:SNOTICE:*:{
if (whois on you isin $1-) { msg WhicheverVALmatchesNick I am watching you }
}
On most networks you won't get any notification that anyone did a whois on you unless you're oppered.
thanks guys it worked, for the last post..no you are wrong you can have it setup to notify you who whois you at any time
Your welcome
hmmm I guess it didn't work...sorry..the version responder isnt working..also the snotice
can someone help me out here?
ok you guys told me to post what I am looking for and what help I need for the script I am working on...:) I am trying...can someone help me?
hmmm guess not...thanks!
ok you guys told me to post what I am looking for and what help I need for the script I am working on...:) I am trying...can someone help me?

can someone plz help me with this post?
Not if you keep repeating yourself, which is considered spamming. I'll try this in my server and see if I can come up with a solution.
well I am not spamming because its not useless information, just trying to get help smile
On most networks, you will have no way to know if someone did a /whois on you unless you are an IRCOP. The request doesn't go to you... it goes to the server and then back to the requester.

And for the removing mIRC's version response, you are not supposed to do so except by disabling all ctcp replies to everyone or to specific nicks. You won't be able to hide mIRC's reply and put in your own reply. We can't help you to do that here, per the rules.
© mIRC Discussion Forums