mIRC Homepage
Posted By: bwr30060 change nick and password based on network - 24/09/06 02:45 PM
I haven't had a need for this before, but now I do, and I don't know how to accomplish it. This seems like it could be a problem, because I need my nick to be Blake81 if $network = ScanGeorgia. That'll be a problem though, because I can't connect to the server unless my name is correct, and network won't equal anything if I'm not connected, right? Thanks.
/server irc.yournetwork.net 6667 -i MainNick AltNick [email]email@address[/email] Realname

-genius_at_work
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: change nick and password based on network - 24/09/06 07:24 PM
Quote:
I haven't had a need for this before, but now I do, and I don't know how to accomplish it. This seems like it could be a problem, because I need my nick to be Blake81 if $network = ScanGeorgia. That'll be a problem though, because I can't connect to the server unless my name is correct, and network won't equal anything if I'm not connected, right? Thanks.

the ON COnnect code still functions at good speed during connect before the server finds out your "Nick"

Code:
ON *:CONNECT:{
if ($network == whatevernetwork) { nick nickforthisnetwork | msg nickserv identify password for that nick }
elseif ($network == whatevernetwork for next network) { nick nickforthisnetwork | msg nickserv identify password for that nick }
elseif { again same as on top }
elseif { again same as on top }
}

you get the point
Posted By: wulf Re: change nick and password based on network - 24/09/06 07:56 PM
i should hurry up and post my away script somewhere. It has an on connect section that will set your nick based on the network, auto-idents to nickserv (anope varity) and oper, if you have access. Uses an ini file to store settings and remeber your away states.

I think it would work for what you want :tongue:
© mIRC Discussion Forums