mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Zaephyr Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 02:20 AM
how can you use an on text script to look for keywords in the main room?

Like if I was to say in room

Zalathorm, bind nisstyre for me.

the keywords to be used would be bind (as the action to be done) and nisstyre (as the nick of the person to be bound)
Posted By: billythekid Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 02:24 AM
on 1:text:*:#:{
set %action $gettok($1-,2,32)
set %nick $gettok($1-,3,32)
}
Posted By: RusselB Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 02:41 AM
Please note that Billythekid's reply is based on that exact order for the action item and the nick. If there was one word more or less, or even a different order, then it wouldn't look correct to the people in the channel.
Posted By: Rand Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 04:47 AM
Alright, seriously, I know these boards look like a good place for help. But you're going to end up annoying people with the large amount of threads you're creating based upon the same sort of topics. Why not just make a LIST of EVERYTHING you need, put it on a webpage, and just post the link and pray someone will help you?

This is the last time I respond to a topic created by you, for your Bot. You should hire a programmer if you just want to say "I want this and this and this, how do I do it."

Quote:
}

Umn, you didn't need to use $gettok() for that.. You could have just used $2 and $3 instead.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 06:29 AM
I think you clicked on the wrong Reply link.

Your reply is to Billythekid, but I think you meant it to be to Zaephyr
Posted By: Rand Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 10:19 AM
Haha, you know, I originally was going to reply to BTK first. (That's why I have his script quoted).

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. The first couple of paragraphs were aimed at the topic poster, Zaephyr.
Posted By: billythekid Re: Keywords with on Text - 09/08/06 10:16 PM
Quote:

Quote:
}

Umn, you didn't need to use $gettok() for that.. You could have just used $2 and $3 instead.

oh yeah... lmao

btk
© mIRC Discussion Forums