mIRC Homepage
Posted By: NaquadaServ Treeview Switchbar Available - 27/07/06 11:17 PM
FYI: I just finished writing (after ten months!) a DLL Addon for mIRC, that adds a next to perfect treeview switchbar and a statusbar to mIRC. Visit my web site to download.
Posted By: raZOR Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 28/07/06 02:45 AM
any screencaps ?
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 28/07/06 03:19 AM
Sure, click here...
Posted By: symphony Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 28/07/06 04:02 AM
Not properly working. Tested on mIRC 6.17.
1] Statusbar is not stable in its place
2] Treebar runs away and stuff crazy
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 28/07/06 05:45 AM
Could you be more specific? Not stable? Runs away? I have zero problems running this on 6.17.

You must have SubclassMonitor.dll in $mircdir, or the subclassing will not work. That might be your problem.
Posted By: vexed Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 02:13 AM
Owned <new release>
Sucks eh? :tongue:
Posted By: raZOR Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 03:51 AM
heres 1 dumb...
how do i even enable treebar in mirc (new) ?
help file doesnt show anything or im blind?
Posted By: oblivious Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 04:22 AM
Click Menubar at the top. View > Treebar
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 05:23 AM
It should be enabled by default. Right-clicking on an mIRC switchbar should popup additional menu options (to enable the treeview switchbar, if disabled), if the DLL is loaded... If the dll is not loaded the "/initbars" command (in bars.mrc) will load it, which should occur on load, exit, and start events.

You can also manually tweak settings in the registry, the registry entries are in HKCU/Software/mIRC/BarControl
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 05:49 AM
I haved noticed a few bugs that I will be fixing soon. I hope to release a fixed version by the end of the weekend. But to say it sucks... Did you look at the screen shot? :tongue:

One thing I noticed is you can shift-close the only status window, mIRC gets a little pissed if you do this... I also saw an empty treeview item on a clean install (and only the one status window open)... blush

Please report all bugs and I will fix them. Please send bug information to my e-mail: admin@mirc-dll.com

Sorry if not everyone can get this to work right, was the only person to test this DLL before it was released...
Posted By: Mardeg Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 06:39 AM
I believe vexed was referring to the fact that it sucks to be "pwned" by the treeview option in the new mIRC release. However I'm sure your version has merits of its own, that if emulated in native mIRC will be a tribute to your work smile
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 07:11 AM
Did not see the new release!!!!

Will get back to ya all after review it!!!
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 07:28 AM
Oh happy days again, I love new releases! smile

Yeah, my treeview switchbar supports a few more features (except backgrounds, but soon to be added)... I will continue my efforts, I love being able to set fonts, have the treeview display horizontally, and the use of hot-tracking to popup the treeview window over the MDIClient area... smile

I have already fixed one bug, and will tweak out the rest tomorrow.
Posted By: raZOR Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 02:01 PM
thanks laugh

sorry naquada, i thought on mircs treebar.
kinda sux you put almoust 1 year into it and now you get it as default huh? smirk

btw nice job for khaled, i like this thing smile
Posted By: hixxy Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 02:03 PM
Bad timing eh :tongue:
Posted By: NaquadaServ Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 03:17 PM
You guys must be kidding, the new treebar hardly compares to what I got! As anyone would see if they would read the manual that came with BarControl... You try setting a 16 point font in mIRC's Treebar, use the treeeview horizontally, or display it as a desktop window, etc.... And of course it also adds a statusbar (soon any MDI child will be able to have a statusbar as well)...

Although yes, I'm a little ticked that this was added now (after 3 years of asking for it).... mad

I guess it's a race now, I'm not wasting a year of my life... So I promise (no matter what!) my treeview switchbar will ALWAYS have more featues than "treebar". wink

It would be nice to know what is being developed in future versions of mIRC to prevent such matters.

Note: becuase of the changes in mIRC 6.2, BarControl is broke in that version (will fix soon)
Posted By: raZOR Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 29/07/06 05:40 PM
thats the spirit ! laugh
Posted By: Saavik256 Re: Treeview Switchbar Available - 05/08/06 01:41 AM
Quote:
FYI: I just finished writing (after ten months!) a DLL Addon for mIRC, that adds a next to perfect treeview switchbar and a statusbar to mIRC. Visit my web site to download.

No offense but, judging from the "design" of your page (awful colors, killing eyes), i don't exactly trust your dll either. Sorry.
© mIRC Discussion Forums