mode $chan +q $nick
notice $nick owner list(+q)
}
}

here is the entry in my userlist :

owner:socketbot!*.@4FD366FB.6DB0E312.D5E85A3.IP

any ideas why this won't work?
Posted By: RusselB Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 15/07/06 09:58 PM
Are you sure the isowner comparison is valid on your network? From the revised mIRC help, by Teazle,
Quote:
isowner nickname v1 is an owner of channel v2 ( only for networks that supports those usermodes )
Posted By: oblivious Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 15/07/06 10:18 PM
It should be, I am on Unreal3.2.4 and it also says the server supports the following prefixes; PREFIX=(qaohv)~&@%+.

I am already +q in the channel(prefix = ~) and when someone on my auto q list joins the channel it does not +q them.

I am lost, no idea why this list doesn't work.

---------

After doing a lengthy search I have found out that its possible the isowner parameter will only work on ircx servers that support '.' as q. Can anyone confirm this, I dont understand why this would happen.
Posted By: HaleyJ Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 15/07/06 11:21 PM
On owner:join:#: {
if ($nick == $me) {
mode $chan +q $nick
}
}

That would work but wont check if you are owner, Mybe instead of the ambigious chan, use this.

On owner:join:#mychannel: {
if ($nick == $me) {
mode $chan +q $nick
}
}

put your channel there

or identify to chanserv before joining and it will auto +q you, use a script to do it for you automatic. Here is a sample.

ON *:CONNECT: {

if ($network == whatevernetwork) {
ns identify %pass
cs identify %chanpass
join #mychannel
}
}

type //echo -a $network
in mIRC to get your network name.

If you using chanserv it should auto +q you as soon as you enter. If not use the above code and specify your channel.

and if you have a list who you want +q then use user levels

so....

on @owner:join:#mychannel: / mode $chan +q $nick
and add those you want to give that status to to your user levels. <_<
Posted By: RusselB Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 15/07/06 11:28 PM
To my understanding, and I'll try to verify this, the Unreal IRCd only allows one person to be marked +q at a time. Only the first person to join the channel and has +q (ie: owner) authorization will be moded with +q.
Posted By: oblivious Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 16/07/06 12:01 AM
Strange stuff. I am in a channel with 2 users that are +q(~). I am the channel owner under chanserv but the other user is not.

If I am right, isowner was added to mirc to only work with the IRCX protocol. It's strange that they would add something for a protocol that is so rarely used anymore. Is it safe to assume something will be added for unreal ircd in the next release of mirc? I'd like to see this feature added.
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 16/07/06 03:35 AM
The isowner operator is likely linked to the onOWNER event, which gives UnrealIRCd as an example of IRCds that support +q mode.

Try testing it maybe.
Code:
on owner:JOIN:#:{
  echo -a $me $iif($me isowner #channel,is,is not) an owner
  echo -a $nick is on the owner list
}

on *:JOIN:#:{
  echo -a $nick is not on the owner list
}

(untested)

-genius_at_work
Posted By: Mpdreamz Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 16/07/06 12:47 PM
The owner events are only for IRCX server (MSN) and not for UnrealIRCd.
Versions.txt says: "2.Improved support for IRCX servers:"
when mentioning support for ownership
The owner events only work for ircd's that use a dot to indicate ownership. Even $nick().pnick makes no mention of the "new" UnrealIRCd's usermodes ~ and &. (though they are displayed nonetheless).

Also i dont think there is such a thing as a "on owner:EVENT". There is a on *:OWNER: though. unless it's a named userlevel :tongue:
Posted By: vexed Re: problem with isowner and userlist - 16/07/06 01:16 PM
Code:
 on +1000:join:#:{
    mode # + $+ $iif($pre($me) = . || $pre($me) = .,q,o) $nick
}
alias pre { .return $iif($1 !isreg #,$left($nick(#,$1).pnick,1)) } 

I used to use that when i was on IRCDs
© mIRC Discussion Forums