mIRC Homepage
Posted By: dydy_bejau How to see if nick was identified - 16/05/06 08:42 AM
Searched for it but couldn't find anything (even couldn't find numeric answer) so realy sorry if it was somewhere

Now the problem
I've made trivia Bot and i need for some commands to check if user has identified for his nickname, so /whois is not the best way i think

now i've done so that bot performs /whois and saves status window buffer 10 lines and then it checks if there's a line ' $nick has identified for that nickname ' but it takes a time frown

so are there any suggestions?
thanks
Posted By: Zonk Re: How to see if nick was identified - 16/05/06 09:40 AM
well, dunno what network you're on, but on Quakenet e.g. you can /who that nick with some special parameters and you only get the line if the nick has been identified...

any way, you'll have to work with raw events (you could also do that with whois)

Quakenet--> /who <nick> n%na --> raw 354 (iirc) will return 0 for not being authed or the auth nick...

maybe you can transfer this to your network...
Posted By: symphony Re: How to see if nick was identified - 16/05/06 09:44 AM
Performing a whois is the only method you can know if a nickname is identified or not. On some networks IRCoperators can see usermodes for other nicknames via a command or so, there the identification usermode appears "Usually +r".

However you could make an alias that halts raw numerics and only allow one numeric 307 to echo Here. .

I wish this could help.
Posted By: dydy_bejau Re: How to see if nick was identified - 16/05/06 10:06 AM
thanx Symphony wink
raw 307 is exactly what i needed smile
but why it's not in rfc1459.txt ?
thanx again wink
Posted By: hixxy Re: How to see if nick was identified - 16/05/06 10:17 AM
Nick/username registration isn't part of the IRC specification.
© mIRC Discussion Forums