mIRC Homepage
Posted By: IzzokuDryden A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 02:26 AM
I'm still partially new to scripting on mIRC, but I've found out many useful things, like devoicing someone when they post a url that they've posted several times already, and simple away notices when your name is mentioned.

But the one problem I have when making scripts is the responce. I can't get my scripts to respond out of an action text. The mIRC help file says that to get the script to respond with normal text you use /msg, but when I use /msg for the responce it tries to message nickserv instead of messaging normally. This would be an example of what I'm talking about:

off 1:JOIN:#The_Fly_Crew_Apartment:/describe $chan looks up at $nick and waves, "Hello, welcome to the #The_Fly_Crew_Apartment."

The script itself works, but not the responce, I can only use /describe or /notice, but I would rather it responded in plain text. Is there any way to fix that?
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 02:37 AM
on 1:JOIN:#The_Fly_Crew_Apartment:/msg $chan looks up at $nick and waves, "Hello, welcome to the #The_Fly_Crew_Apartment."
Posted By: IzzokuDryden Re: A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 05:44 AM
Unfortunately I've tried that already, the /msg command doesn't work for some reason. It's always trying to message NickServ when my scripts have /msg for the responce, is there any other way of doing it?
Posted By: Cheech Re: A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 05:48 AM
/msg $chan should work you might try using /say in some scripts it works in others it doesnt and also maybe look in the bugs forum to see if anyone else has had a similar problem ?
Posted By: Collective Re: A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 03:37 PM
Sounds to me like you are using a custom /msg alias. Try using /!msg $chan and see if that works.
Posted By: IzzokuDryden Re: A problem I've been having... - 08/03/03 11:54 PM
I have absolutely no idea what a custom /msg alias is, but /!msg is working for all my scripts. Thank you very much for your help.
Posted By: The_Game Re: A problem I've been having... - 09/03/03 10:01 AM
what about /ame? Course its only a suggestion...
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: A problem I've been having... - 09/03/03 02:48 PM
doesnt /ame send an action to all open channels?
© mIRC Discussion Forums