mIRC Homepage
Posted By: adama stripping first word from an echo help. - 07/01/06 09:09 PM
im using this to relay text that starts with a colored text ABC in it from 1 channel to another

on *:TEXT:*ABC*:#chan1:{
msg #chan2 $1-
}

but what i would like to do is strip the ABC out of the text being echoed. only to display the text after ABC.any1 can help?
look at /help $remove
maybe you should include the colorcodes to prevent other abc's to be removed
Posted By: adama Re: stripping first word from an echo help. - 07/01/06 09:53 PM
could you give me an example of using the $remove with color code with my script? sorry just started looking at mirc scripting recently, looked at help but i think im messing up somewhere.
Posted By: Aenei Re: stripping first word from an echo help. - 07/01/06 10:07 PM
What code have you come up with thus far?
Suppose you put ABC in your room with red on white (color code 4,0) and after that black foreground (color code 1). This is what you can do then:

on *:TEXT:*ABC*:#chan1: {
msg #chan2 $remove($1-, 4 $+ $chr(44) $+ 0abc1)
}
Posted By: RusselB Re: stripping first word from an echo help. - 07/01/06 10:33 PM
Code:
 on *:text:*abc*:#chan1:{
.msg #chan2 $gettok($strip($1-,c),2-,32))
}

Takes the entry, then strips any colour codes from it, then returns all but the first word
Posted By: adama Re: stripping first word from an echo help. - 07/01/06 10:33 PM
Thank you , worked like a charm!

i was having trouble with how to enter the color codes in a script, just needed ur example, i thought it was same for how you change text when chatting.

Thanks again
© mIRC Discussion Forums