mIRC Homepage
Posted By: BorisJambor on connect i suppose ? - 10/12/05 10:27 PM
my nick is goku, my alternative nick is goku[bem-ti-net]

Im chating and sudenlly i get disconected. And when im connecting again, my nick (goku) is still on the server, so im connected with goku[bem-ti-net] nick. It not a problem to tupe a /ns ghost my-pass , and type //nick goku | ns identify my-pass, but is that possible without tuping ? like this command;

on me:CONNECT:{
if ( $me == goku[bem-ti-net] ) { ns ghost goku my-pass | /nick goku | ns identify my-pass | timer 1 .join #my-chan } }

is this ok, or you have a better idea ?
confused
Posted By: schaefer31 Re: on connect i suppose ? - 11/12/05 06:21 AM
That looks fine, except you might want to add timers to the nick and identify commands since it would take a second for the nick to be ghosted.
Posted By: RusselB Re: on connect i suppose ? - 11/12/05 06:43 PM
An alternative suggestion
Code:
on me:*:connect:{
if ($me != $mnick) {
ns ghost $mnick my-pass
}
}
;this next section will vary depending on the specific notice given when you ghost your nick, so I've left it as general as I could
on *:notice:$+(*,ghost*,$mnick,*):*:{
if $nick == NickServe {
 .nick $mnick 
}
.timer 1 1 .join #my-chan
}
on me:*:nick:{
.ns identify <password>
}

Checks to see if your current nick is your main nick, and if it isn't sends the ghost command.
Upon reception of the notice from Nickserv that your main nick has been ghosted (you may need to change that to match the format of the notice from your nickserv), your nick is changed to your main nick and a 1 second timer is started before you join your channel.
When your nick is changed, a message identifying the nick is sent to nickserv.

I realize this is more complex than what you had, but guarantees that you don't try to send information to nickserv before the information is valid.
Posted By: BorisJambor Re: on connect i suppose ? - 11/12/05 06:44 PM
nice thinking, thanks i will add timer (:
Posted By: BorisJambor Re: on connect i suppose ? - 12/12/05 05:59 PM
RusselB thanks smile i didnt see you post, thanks again.
© mIRC Discussion Forums