mIRC Homepage
Posted By: c0wm00 Displaying window title - 06/12/05 04:07 PM
Im wondering if there is a script to display window titles (like the title of firefox or something)
Posted By: FiberOPtics Re: Displaying window title - 06/12/05 06:56 PM
What window titles? Your query is far too vague.

Do you want to see the titles of all external apps that are running? Or is it that you are interested in seeing the title of browser windows? Or are you just curious to know what urls you have open in your firefox browser? Do you really mean title, or is it the url's that you want to see?

Or perhaps window titles from windows in your mIRC?

The phrase "the title of firefox" doesn't really mean anything. Be specific.
Posted By: c0wm00 Re: Displaying window title - 06/12/05 07:37 PM
to be more specific:

retreieve names of external apps, preferably on the taskbar, and be able to spit out the title, the part you see in the taskbar. and how to report specific ones, like *Mozilla*

just browser window titles would work fine tho
Posted By: FiberOPtics Re: Displaying window title - 06/12/05 07:52 PM
It's not possible without a DLL as far as I know to enumerate the programs that are running in your taskbar.

It is possible to get a list of running processes, but that would only show mozilla.exe etc. not the title of the Mozilla window.

The only thing I could do for you is enumerate the titles of your IE windows that you have open, as I know IE has a COM object interface. I don't know if Mozilla has activex support by default (I don't use Mozilla), though if I remember correctly there is an activex plugin for Mozilla. Look on google for that plugin, and check to see if there's any interface that can tell you what the window title is.

Also, I don't know if Mozilla supports $dde, because with IE you could use $dde in mIRC to retrieve the title of the open IE window.

Btw what do you eventually plan to do with the window titles? You might be trying to do something that doesn't require for you to have the window title in the first place...
© mIRC Discussion Forums